Forty Three

Over the next two days Lauren was extremely irritable.

Camila knew it was the medication and the lack of sleep that caused it but that didn't make it any less difficult.

"Lauren it's time to wake up," She whispered, sitting beside her on the bed.

"No it's not," Lauren groaned.

"Yes it is," Camila told her, gently tugging on the duvet but Lauren only gripped if tighter.

"Fuck off Camila, I'm tired," She snapped and Camila's smile faltered.

"I know you're tired but you need to get up so I can change your bandage," She kept her voice unfazed, tugging on the duvet again.

"I can do it myself," Lauren said indignantly and Camila sighed, standing up and making her way towards the door.

"I'll be downstairs," She announced softly before leaving.

Camila was sat on the sideboard in the kitchen when Lauren came down wordlessly, grabbing two tablets and swallowing them dry.

"Shall I make breakfast?" Camila asked and if was a few silent moments before Lauren replied.

"I'm not hungry."

"Oh, okay. Tell me if you want anything then," Camila smiled.

"Why don't you call Dinah to pick you up and go to her house?" Lauren suggested.

"Why, I thought I was looking after you," Camila blinked in confusion.

"I don't need looking after, I'm not a child," Lauren's voice was cold and bitter.

"I know, i didn't mean it like that, I'm sorry," Camila rushed.

"Whatever," Lauren muttered, walking into the living room and leaving Camila alone.

Camila made several failed attempts of conversation throughout the day that Lauren  quickly shot down.

It was only when a loud smash came from the kitchen that Lauren decided to see what her girlfriend was doing.

There was a glass shattered on the floor and a small puddle of water. Camila was bent down with her back to Lauren, picking up the broken pieces and mumbling to herself.

"What happened?"

"I'm cleaning it up," Camila didn't answer her question but Lauren noticed how defeated she sounded.

"Okay," Lauren deadpanned, making her way back to the couch.

"Because all I do is pick up the broken pieces," Camila muttered under her breath and Lauren looked back over her shoulder.

"Shut the fuck up," She scoffed and Camila looked down at the floor, her hair falling over her shoulder and revealing the nape of her neck, "if it's such a hassle just leave it."

"Just stop talking Lauren, I said I'm cleaning it, just go back to the couch," Camila ran a hand through her hair and Lauren did as she said, walking away and leaving her alone once again.

Around four o'clock Camila went upstairs to tell Lauren that she'd made a pizza to find her laid on the bed.

"I've made food," She announced and Lauren looked at her.

"I don't want any."

"Okay, are you in pain?" Camila asked.

"Of course I'm in fucking pain Camila I got shot," Lauren snapped.

"That was a stupid question, I'm sorry. Why don't you get some sleep," Camila suggested.

"Because i can't," Lauren deadpanned.