Thirty Three

Camila woke up when it was still dark, having had one of the most terrifying nightmares she'd ever experienced. She didn't realise she was screaming until Lauren woke up, bleary eyed but alert.

"Camila?" She asked, rubbing her eyes but she only got a choked sob as a reply. "Can I touch you?"

Camila shook her head no. The dream was too real for anyone to touch her right now.

"You're safe, it's only me and you, just us," Lauren assured her, unsure of how to comfort her without physical contact.

"It's too dark," Camila wailed and Lauren pulled the light switch which hung over their bed, squinting her eyes at the sudden brightness. Lauren noticed Camila's clammy skin, her hair stuck to her forehead. "It hurts, it's hurting," She writhed on the bed and Lauren had never felt more helpless in her life.

"Tell me what I can do," She pleaded, looking down at her girlfriend who was still laid down.

"I-I don't want to sleep anymore, can we go downstairs?" Camila asked shakily and Lauren checked the time.

3:47am.

"It's not even four yet," Lauren sighed. It wasn't even light outside.

"I can't fall back to sleep, if I do the nightmares will come back," Camila whimpered, "and the bed sheets are hurting my skin."

"It's all in your head Camz, no one can hurt you here, it's not real," Lauren pulled the duvet from where it was tangled between her legs.

"It feels real, it was real, it happened. It did happen, he-he," Camila rambled and Lauren gingerly placed her hand on her shoulder. She'd expected Camila to flinch away or whimper but she hadn't expected her to jump up and scurry backwards. And she certainly hadn't expected Camila's head to fly into her jaw as she did it.

"Shit," Lauren hissed, her hand cupping then now sore area.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," Camila gasped in horror but Lauren flashed her a small and obviously fake smile.

"It's fine, I shouldn't have touched you, it doesn't hurt," She lied and Camila gently reached out and held her chin in one hand, using her other to tilt her head. "See, I'm fine, I'm just worried about you."

"I want a hug," Camila cried.

"But you don't want me to touch you so you can't, right?" Lauren sighed and Camila nodded. "How about you hug me, then you're the one in control and my body can cool yours down like earlier."

Camila nodded, hesitantly shuffling forward. Her arms wrapped around Lauren's body and she straddled her legs over her.

She could've cried with relief as it soothed her skin.

"My dream, you were in it too. We both were b-but you were watching me and you were tied up so you couldn't help. Dinah didn't come and rescue me either, it was horrible," She explained, her voice trembling.

"It wasn't real, you're safe and I'm safe, we're both okay," Lauren assured her but Camila wasn't entirely convinced.

"B-but he knows where you live, he could come and get us," Part of her knew she was being irrational but that didn't help calm her down.

"I don't think he can walk after Lucy and Keana got to him," She joked before continuing more seriously, "my house is alarmed, I have cameras so we could see him and I would rip off his dick before he got anywhere near you."

"Sing?"

"I get to choose the song" Lauren teased as she felt Camila move her hands so they were wrapped around her.