Ten

"Lauren I can't do this," Camila whined as they climbed out of the car.

"Sure you can," Lauren told her, bounding up the drive to the house.

"No, I've never been good at making friends that's why I only have Ally," Camila declared, bouncing on her feet nervously.

"Camila they'll love you, how could they not," Lauren said seriously, "now come on."

Camila followed Lauren to the house, hiding behind her when she knocked on the door.

"Do they know I'm here?" She whispered, feeling immense relief when Lauren nodded.

"What's taking so fucking long, Normani open your fucking door," Lauren hollered, hammering on the plastic with her fist.

"Do it your fucking self it's basically your house anyway," A voice screamed from inside and Camila just about jumped out of her skin.

Lauren rolled the girl, opening the unlocked door which opened into the kitchen. Camila did the same, grabbing Lauren's hand and standing close beside her.

Footsteps could be heard running down the stairs and a blonde, tanned girl appeared.

"Hi," She grinned, her face lighting up and Camila recognised her voice was different to the one shouting earlier.

"Hey," Lauren laughed and Camila shrank behind her.

"Is this Camila?" The girl craned her neck, "she's so tiny."

"Camila this is Dinah, my very weird but kinda lovable friend," Lauren introduced her and Dinah feigned hurt.

"Hello," Camila smiled shyly and Dinah pulled her into a hug.

"You're so cute and little and ugh..." She let the small girl go, jumping up and down whilst lifting her arms up. "Mani, Lauren's here with the girl."

A few moments later a dark-skinned girl appeared, significantly calmer than the other girl.

"Hey Lo," She blanked the presence of Camila and the younger Cuban swore she'd never wanted to curl up in a ball and hide more in her life.

Lauren squeezed her hand reassuringly, turning around the smile at the brunette who was hid behind her.

"What happened to your jaw," Dinah exclaimed, stepping forward to examine the bruises already forming.

"Brad fucking happened. I left my syringe so I brought him to my car and he tried to attack Camila, I knocked him unconscious as soon as I could but not before he could punch me," Lauren's face hardened in anger at the thought of the boy unconscious in her boot.

"I hate that boy," Normani shook her head, "which is why I'm happy to help," She added, beaming.

"I hate him too, he tried to cut my throat. He managed to actually cut Camila though, huh munchkin?" Lauren stepped to the side, leaving Camila in the open.

The brunette nodded wordlessly.

"Woah she is shy, how adorable," Dinah cooed.

"Do you wanna go with Dinah to the basement whilst me and Mani deal with Brad," Lauren suggested and Camila bit on her lip.