Sixty Three

A few weeks had passed and Lauren had stared to notice subtle things changing about Camila.

It was the small things, like how her eyes shone brighter than ever; how when she laughed she never covered her mouth to try and hide it; how she practically skipped instead of walking.

Maybe it was due to the fact that they were leaving the house more, even if it was just to go to someone else's, or maybe she was just simply happier. Either way, Lauren wasn't complaining.

The green-eyed girl grunted when she felt a weight fling herself onto her lap before shuffling around so her legs could straddle Lauren's.

"Hi Lauren," It beamed, pulling her earphones out and Lauren smiled.

"Hi Camila," She mocked.

"What are you doing?" Camila questioned, looking up at her.

"Working, what are you doing?" Lauren shot back.

"Talking to you," Camila hummed and Lauren looked down at her, narrowing her eyes.

"What do you want?" She asked suspiciously.

"Nothing. I'm just wondering why you aren't paying any attention to me?" Camila said sweetly, tracing patterns on Lauren's arm.

"I have to work Camz. I thought you were talking to Ally," Lauren furrowed her eyebrows and Camila huffed.

"She ditched me for her boyfriend," She muttered, "so you can finish working now because I want attention."

"I can't finish working," Lauren argued.

"Yes you can," Camila countered quickly.

"No. I can't,"Lauren laughed, turning her attention back to the laptop was on the island.

"Laurennn. Look at me! I'm more interesting," Camila whined. When Lauren didn't do as she said, she started shifting her weight from one leg to the other for the sole purpose of being annoying.

"Camz," Lauren laughed, nudging her with her shoulder, "this is important."

"I'm important. I'm bored," Camila complained, swinging her legs.

"Go FaceTime Dinah or something," Lauren suggested distractedly, looking at whatever she was doing on the laptop.

Camila was silent for a few moments and just when Lauren thought she'd given up, she felt a pair of lips attach onto her jawline.

"I think the fuck not," Lauren laughed, pushing Camila's head away but the younger girl only moved her lips further down her neck. "Camila you're gonna get me in trouble."

Camila didn't answer, instead grazing her teeth against the skin just above Lauren's collar bone before soothing it with her tongue.

"Camila," Lauren warned but an involuntarily moan escaped her lips. "Seriously Camz - I need to... do this work."

Camila sighed, finally giving up and collapsing against Lauren's chest dramatically.

"It must be serious if even my kisses won't distract you," She muttered and Lauren rubbed her back.

"Sorry baby," She pressed her lips against her hair before proceeding to type on the laptop. Camila put her earphones back in, wrapping her arms around Lauren's waist loosely and resting her cheek on her chest.

Despite Camila begging Lauren to leave her work and do something fun with her, she found what they were doing now oddly enjoyable. The position was intimate yet innocent and they could still be close whilst getting stuff done. Lauren would occasionally rub Camila's back or comb her fingers through the brunette locks and every so often Camila would trace her thumb over the skin of Lauren's back or press a kiss to her shoulder.