Epilogue

Camila pushed herself onto her tiptoes as she scanned the crowd for the familiar pair of emerald eyes she fell in love with what seems so long ago now.

There was a small group of them gathered, including Lauren's siblings who Camila had grown close to over the past three years - especially to Taylor who she viewed as her own sister - all waiting for the Latina.

Camila let out an exclamation when she saw her girlfriend, who waved enthusiastically and started pushing though the people.

When she was in reaching distance Camila jogged towards her to meet her, jumping on her and wrapping her legs around her waist. Lauren linked her arms under her thighs, spinning them around excitedly as giggles left both their mouths.

"I did it!" Lauren squealed happily, reaching up to adjust her cap which had come skewiff when they spun.

Not long after their date, both girls had sat down and discussed what they wanted for their futures. Lauren had decided to go to college as soon as Camila was healthy enough to be on her own for long periods of time (even though Camila insisted she was already fine, she knew deep down they also had to wait for Lauren to be comfortable enough leaving her without feeling so scared that she might be taken again). The younger Latina decided to wait another year before going, wanting to focus on making sure she was okay both physically and mentally before starting something new and daunting.

"You did! I'm so proud of you Lo!" Camila beamed happily, "look at you. You've graduated! I'm so proud of you, my smart, beautiful girlfriend."

She punctured each of the last three words with a kiss before cupping her face in her hands.

"I'm so fucking proud of you," She murmured, connecting their lips and kissing her more deeply. Lauren's hands found their way to her waist, pulling her closer so their bodies were almost touching.

"Lauren!"

The excited cry was what caused them to pull apart and not even moments later, Lauren's arms were full of her siblings as they bombarded her with hugs and kisses and rambled congratulations.

Camila stepped aside to give them some time together, finding her way to Dinah and a few of their other friends who'd joined them.

"You're welcome," The Polynesian flashed her phone towards her, the screen showing a photo capturing the kiss the two Latina's had shared minutes ago. Camila smiled, looking up to her friend, "I can't believe she's graduated. And you too, next year. You're, like, adults now."

"It must have been hard having to get used to finally leaving the house instead of spending your days cuddling with Lauren," Normani chimed in.

"I get to make it up for it all now," Camila clasped her hands together happily, smiling at the older Latina who started to make her way over to them.

"Here's the graduate herself," Normani teased, reaching out to push Lauren's shoulder softly, "congratulations Laur. I'm happy for you. You've waited for this forever."

"Thank you," Lauren smiled sincerely, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear bashfully.

"Yeah, congrats Lauser. You worked hard for this. And just because you've graduated doesn't mean your name is changing from Lauser," Dinah informed her.

"I agree. You're still Lolo," Camila added quickly, laughing when Lauren scowled playfully. "Oh my god, I'm so proud of you! I love you so much."

She wrapped her arms around her neck, lifting her feet of the ground when Lauren snaked her arms around her waist tightly.

"I love you," She whispered into her ear, her nose pressed against her temple. Camila put her feet back on the ground, her arms still looped around her neck as she looked up to her.