Flashback

Sochi Olympics (2014)

Waiting

Something that involves patience and something that I clearly can't do.

As I wait on the sidelines of the rink, I'm currently watching the skater on the ice, my idol and my favourite skater; Yuna Kim of South Korea.

She's landing all her jumps and nailing the choreography, something I hope to accomplish when it's finally my turn.

Half way through her program, I turn and take a few steps away from the side of the rink and my coach, Kathy Johnson, follows me.

"Something wrong?" she asks

"I'm just nervous I guess" I mumble as my reply

"Don't worry, you've trained hard. You've won Four Continents champion, Grand Prix final, and World's 3 times consecutively. You've also won a bunch of titles in you're Junior days. What can go wrong?" she says, like she can read my mind

Exactly, what can go wrong? I'm the best Canadian female skater. If I screw up my country will only think of me as some kind of joke, disown me, and export me to some kind of desert island.

I'm joking of course. But I am the best Canadian female skater (not to brag) so I do have a lot of weight on my shoulders when it comes to the Olympic games.

My train of thought is broken as I melody of claps and cheers erupt from the audience.

I guess Yuna had a good performance as always.

"I guess your up next kiddo"

Here goes nothing.

I step onto the ice as Yuna gets off.

"Good luck" she mouths to me

I smile in responce and proceed to skate laps around the ice. Then I warm up with waltz jumps and one foot back spins to help get the feel of the jump rotations.

"The total score, please, for Yuna Kim of South Korea" I hear the announcer say

"Her Free Skate score is 144.19. Her total score is 219.11, she is currently in first place."

First obviously.

I had a total score of 80.70 in the short, almost 6 points higher than Yuna's 74. 92.(it's also the highest short program score in women's history!)

I skate to Kathy, one last time before I'm suppose to head to my starting position and begin my program.

"You can do this, you have a huge amount of points above her. Just skate you hardest" she tells me as her final advice before I hear the announcer again.

"Skating next and representing Canada, Charlotte Akagi."

There's my cue

I hug Kathy one last time before I present my self to the crowd and stand in my starting position. My free skate music is Piano Concerto In B-Minor: Allegro Appasionato.

The music starts and I begin my program, building speed into my first jump and combination; triple lutz, triple loop, double loop.

I do a three turn and dig my toe pic into the ice

one

two

three

Landed it!

I land the loops as well.

The rest of the program goes smoothly and by the time the music ends I am completely and utterly out of breath. I just hope my efforts were enough.

I curtsy to the audience and skate off to greet my coach.

"That was beautiful! Definitely your best performance so far" She tells me.

We then move to the Kiss and Cry, waiting for the results.

Back at square one I guess.

Waiting

A whole lot of waiting

So much waiting the Spongebob guy is probably pissed at how long we're waiting.

Suddenly I hear it.

"The score please for Charlotte Akagi of Canada."

Closing my eyes, I brace myself for the worst.

"The free skate score is 170.20, a season's best. The total score 250.9 she is currently in first place. This concludes the ladies free skate event."

Opening my eyes in shock, I stare at Kathy.

"I..I..I did it?" I manage to say.

"You did it! You're the Olympic champion sweetie!!!" Kathy shouts as she grabs me and his me to death.

Staring at the screen in front of me, I realizing I'm not dreaming.

I did it, I'm the Olympic champion.

As Kathy and I move from the Kiss and Cry, the zamboni is on the ice and the men's group is lining up for their free program warm up.

As I pass the group to get to the change room and grab my stuff, a guy in a team Japan jacket stops me and catches my attention.

"I saw your performance, congratulations on the gold medal" he says in an accented English.

"Thank you" I reply in Japanese and bow slightly.  (if you didn't catch from my last name, I am Japanese by the way)

He gives me the cutest smile that leaves your heart fluttering and stays in your brain forever.

As the zamboni clears the ice, the men step on and move into their warm up and he skates off with them.

Little did I know, things would change and I would be seeing that smile everyday.

A/N: HEYYYYYYYY, so this is my first fanfic ever so if you don't mind could you comment and give some feedback? Thanks homies

Give me love ( a yuzuru hanyu fanfic) UNDER MAJOR EDITINGOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara