The First Requiem

Gotcha there didn't I?

My lips move with his as my left hand goes to search the shelf next to me. Hopefully I can find something hard enough to knock him out with.

This isn't my proudest moment, but I gotta distract the guy somehow and kissing seems to be the way to go.

My left hand moves from shelf to shelf, touching everything near me.

To my bad luck, nothing I feel so far is hard enough to take a grown man down.

Toilet paper. No.

Window cleaner. No.

Plunger. No.

Then I feel it; a.... brick?

I'm not even gonna question why there's a brick in the janitor's closet, but here I go.

I take the brick off the shelf as sneakily as I can, bringing my hand down to smash it on his skull.

Smack!

"Ahh! Fuck!' He yells while pulling away from me to hold his head.

I make a run for it, turning back to lock the door as I leave.

Thank god the door locks from the outside.

"CHARLIE OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!" he shouts and I can hear the sound of his fists banging the door.

Yes! Success!

Maybe when the janitor comes back, she or he will find Jordan there and call the police.

Because I mean he is wanted in all parts of the world, am I right?

As quickly as I can, I run back to the back stage.

"Wow Charlie, why the long washroom break?" Coach questions when he see I've returned.

"Just some trouble"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva was currently on the ice, meaning I was up next.

I'm pacing around the back area, not daring to look at the monitor showing her performance.

Focus Charlie.

You got this.

But what if I don't?

What if I fail?

What if Romano escaped?

My mind is racing with all these bad thoughts rushing through my brain. I feel my heart start racing and the rest of my body starts shaking. My breathing starts speeding up and soon I'm hyperventilating.

This feeling is familiar.

I feel faint.

It's a panic attack.

My vision is blurry while my body is shaking.

"Charlie? Charlie? Can you hear me?" Coach asks waving a hand in front of my face.

It feels like I'm paralyzed.

I can hear him but I can say anything or move.

"Charlie-san? You need to calm down" a voice speaks.

"Take care of her for me, please Yuzu. I trust you with her"I hear Coach whisper to Yuzu.

I look at Yuzu's face and suddenly I feel like I'm breathing better.

"Charlie-san, you don't need to worry. It's just a competition. I know how the pressure feels b-"

"He's back Yuzu-kun" I manage to sob out.