Yuzulotte's Day out

"Phil..osopher...'s..?"

When you're a competitive figure skater, there's only so little time that you can spend to yourself, because practice and competitions take up most of that time.

But because we're off season at the moment, Yuzuru wants to spend his free time learning English..

And you already know, Brian made me his tutor by default.

Why?

Because I speak both Japanese and English fluently.

I had a short lesson with him at the rink the other day during our break, but it was hard to make progress since we didn't have material to work off of.

Yuzu and I are currently at the library and I'm showing him my favourite book series of all time.

Harry Potter.

I can honestly say ,whole heartedly, that I am the number one Potterhead in the world.

Test my Harry Potter knowledge and you can fight me.

I know it's kind of a stretch, trying to make someone who knows so little English, read a chapter book.

But I'm only showing it to him as encouragement.

Because who wouldn't want to read Harry Potter?

He stares at the cover of "Philosopher's Stone" for a minute before flipping through the pages.

I take the book from his hands and decide to go a little easier on him.

I pull out the English to Japanese flash cards that my Dad made me use as a kid, when I was learning Japanese myself.

I shuffle through the cards, eventually pulling one out.

I cover the Japanese translation, leaving the image and the English word to show.

Lifting the card up, I show the word to Yuzuru.

"Ehhhhh.....bridge?"

"Ahhh there you go! You got it!" I answer.

I show the next card.

"Ehh...kite?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NOT UNTIL YOU LEARN SOME GRAMMAR!" I shout.

Right now, I'm trying to fight off Yuzu, who insists he knows enough language to read Harry Potter.

"Pleeeeeeeasee, I wanna know what it's about! The weird magician guy on the back is begging me to open the book!" He complains in Japanese

I snatch the book out of his grasp, using my other hand to hold him down.

But like I said.

I'm no trained assassin.

"Please just sit down. Look through the simple vocabulary words I wrote out for you" I beg him.

Sitting down in defeat, Yuzu grabs the binder and quietly reads through my writing.

My eyes roam to the window in the library.

It's a nice day outside; perfect for a beach day.

If only I could swim.

And if only I knew where to find a beach...

Wham!

I turn around so fast I almost give myself whiplash.

I find Yuzuru launch across the desk where he's sitting.