A Yuzulotte Valentine

"I'm sorry I forgot it was Valentine's Day today, Yuzu-Kun. I promise to make it up to you somehow" I tell him slipping my face mask over my mouth and nose and grabbing his hand

"It's alright Charlie-chan. I forgot too" he says sweetly, taking my hand in his and walking along with me through the streets of South Korea

"I can't believe the Olympics is next year. Can you believe it's almost been 4 years since I saw your free skate live?" He asks looking at me. Even under his face mask I can tell he was smiling. "Wait, you mean you remember that?" I ask giving him a questioning look. "Of course I remember it. I think after that performance I knew I was in love with you" he says cheekily, a rosey blush appearing upon his cheeks. "Awe aren't you such a cheeseball, huh Hanyu?" I ask joking. "I'm serious Charlie-chan. I think this was destiny that you came to the Cricket Club" he tells me. "Well I'm glad that it was destiny. I never believed in love before but whenever I look at you I know it's real" I reply. "Ohhh now who's the cheesy one!" He shoots back, playfully nudging me in the side. "Alright! Alright! I'll admit it, I'm the cheese master of this relationship" I say putting my hands up in defense. "....but really I'm nervous for next year." I tell him dead serious. "Me too Charlie- chan, but we can only try our best. I feel like I'm letting Japan down if I can't retain my title. So much has happened to me since Sochi and I can't help but feel like it was both a blessing and a curse. In one way I met you and in another the pressure has been so hard on me. I feel like a coward when I make a mistake." he says averting his gaze to the ground. "I understand where you're coming from, trust me I do. The Olympics is gonna be a bloodbath next year. I guess only time can tell"

"So we got the day off. Where to?" I ask him swinging our joined hands. "Well it's still too cold for me to take you on that picnic date you always wanted, how about we grab somethings to eat?" he proposes. "Yuzuru Hanyu, you sure know the way to a woman's heart" I tell him poking his undeniably squishy cheeks. The two of us walk in the snowy weather admiring the beauty of South Korea. One of the perks that come with being a figure skater is the fact that you get to travel around the world for competitions. I especially enjoy traveling to Asia and Europe. "Have you thought about what will happen after skating?" Yuzu asks breaking the silence. This was a question I pondered to myself a lot after losing my confidence in Sochi. I thought I'd compete one last year and then retire and walk away from the sport forever, but with a turn of events I met Yuzu and everything started to fall into place again. "Honestly I thought I would retire after this year, but since coming to the Cricket Club everything has changed. I fell in love with you and then my career started getting back on track and the he who my not be named came along, so-."

"Voldemort?"  Yuzu asks cutting me off

"Huh?" I ask

"You know Voldemort from Harry Potter? Geez Charlie-chan I thought you loved that series"

"I do but- wait. Your reading it?" I ask in disbelief

"Of course I am. You gotta read Harry Potter at least once in your life. And because your my special snowflake I'm doing it for you" he giggles

"Awe Yuzu-kun! You really are a perfect boyfriend" I gush, squishing his abnormally squishy cheeks with my other hand

"I didn't have much to do when you were gone anyways" he says sadly looking at me with sad eyes

"I'll always come back for you Yuzu-kun. I'm not going anywhere. Anyways, I'm pretty sure Harry Potter kept you busy while I was away" 

"Not really"

"So what do you do when I'm not with you?"

"Wait for you to come back"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~