Next to You

A/N: SINCE EVERYONE'S COMING AT ME WITH A KNIFE HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER TO MAKE YOU HAPPY

I stayed kneeling by the front of the alleyway. Even if I wanted to move I couldn't. All I could do was cry as the sky above began to agree with my feelings. I could hear the thunderclouds rumble and suddenly I could feel the cold rain fall on me. I thought the last time Romano was put away would be the end of it. I didn't expect him to return again. I didn't expect for him to find us. I didn't expect him to punish Yuzuru for my mistakes. This was my fault and now I have to live with the guilt. I should've never gotten him involved with this. All I can do now is hope that this burlap sack suffocates me to death. I can't face Javi knowing I was responsible for his best friend's death. I can't go back to the Hanyu's because I let their son die. I can't face Saya after she put so much trust in me to protect her brother. I can't go home to Toronto and face Coach now that I let his best student die. I can't face his fans because now their favourite skater will never get to skate again. I have nowhere now.

I want to scream. I want to shout. I want to look up at the sky and curse. But I can't. I can't because my lungs feel too heavy and I'm chocking on air. Yuzuru just wanted to find love and happiness and now he's gone. The one who fixed me and stood by me through everything was now nothing but a corpse lying at the other end of the alley. I'll never see his smile again or hear his laugh. I'll never see him skate again or kiss him at competitions. I'll never get to be apart of the Hanyu's because chances are they hate me as much as I hate myself right now. I feel pathetic because all I can do right now is cry.

"Charlotte?"

"Charlotte? Hey, listen to me!"

Am I going crazy or is Yuzuru's ghost already haunting me? I hear a voice and it sounds like a male's. It sounds familiar. The voice sounds bubbly like I'm hearing underwater. Am I dying too? Is this the afterlife?

"Charlotte!" the voice says and I can hear it more clearly as the beholder rips the burlap sack off of my head.

"Keith?" I ask breathing in as much air as I can.

"Charlotte," he breathes, "You're alright. You're okay. Thank god" he says wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug.

I close my eyes and let the tears continue. I can't hold them in.

"I let him down, Keith! He's gone because of me! I can't live with myself!" I cry out in hysteria.

"Wait, what do you mean? Shouldn't this be a good thing?" he asks pulling me away and looking deep into my eyes.

"KEITH YOU ASSHOLE! HE'S DEAD AND IT'S MY FAULT CAN'T YOU SEE?!" I shout allowing myself to take out my anger on the boy.

"Charlotte, I shot him. It was me" he says holding up the rifle that I didn't notice was slung across his shoulder.

"Wh-wha-what do you mean?" I ask in disbelief

"Keith I thought you were on our side!?"

"Charlotte take a look. He's dead. He won't hurt you anymore" he says calmly.

"I DON'T WANT TO LOOK! HE'S DEAD OK? I GET IT!" I shout.

Keith moves away from where he was in front of me so that I could see what he was asking me to.

Laying in the middle of the alleyway was Romano's body surrounded by a pool of blood. On his forehead, you could see where the bullet pierced his skull sending him to his death. Beyond that, was Yuzuru still in a kneeling position, his body shaking.

He was alive.

Yuzuru was alive.

He was safe.

"Keith help me out, please! I need to see him!" I shout trying to wiggle out of the ropes that held me.

Keith lets out a comforting laugh and begins to untie my restraints. Once I'm free, I sprint from where I was and towards the boy I loved at the other end of the alleyway. I could still feel the tears running down my cheeks but this time they were from relief and happiness. He was alive and Romano was dead.

"Yuzu-kun, are you alright?" I ask pulling the burlap sack off of him.

"Charlie-chan? You're alive?" he asks. The look in his eyes broke my heart and I knew that I too looked the way he did. His eyes were puffy and red, the bangs of his hair were slicked across his forehead, and his breathing was heavy. I knew it was worse for him because of his asthma.

"I'm here Yuzu-kun. We're safe" I tell him untying the rope that held him.

"What happened? I was so worried he killed you! I heard the gun go off and I knew I was still alive. I heard your voice but I thought it was too good to be true. I thought I was dreaming."

Once he was free, he pulls me into his arms and presses his soft lips to mine. The two of us have kissed and hugged many times before, but this time it meant so much more. We were together and this time Romano was gone for sure.

"I'm glad I got here when I could" Keith says coming up to us.

"Keith? It was you who shot him?" Yuzu asks eyeing the rifle that hung across his shoulders.

"Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on the little cockroach ever since I got out of prison. I've been keeping an eye on the two of you as well. While he was going on and on about his bullshit, I was up on the roof trying to get a good shot at the guy. I'm sorry. I didn't realize I picked a scary time to shoot. I just had to pull the trigger during his eeny meanie miney moe thing didn't I?" he explains.

"Thank you Keith. Really I can't thank you enough" I tell him wrapping him in my embrace.

"Charlotte, I care about you and Yuzuru. It's the least I can do"

"Well it's over now and I'm glad it is," Yuzuru says holding my hand.

"Me too" I add as the three of us begin the walk out of the alley.

"You know, as much of a pain he was he just wanted to be loved," I say speaking my thoughts

"Yeah, it sucks to die without knowing the true feeling of love. I pity the guy" Keith says.

"Keith? Was there anyone in the Yakuza who was an Akagi?" I ask, remembering the name katsu Akagi.

"An Akagi in the Yakuza?" he asks in disbelief "I wouldn't believe it even if I'd seen it. Why do you ask though?"

"When I was at Romano's place in Italy during the kidnap, I read that name on a document in his office. He said he'd after to marry an Akagi to join the Mafia and the Yakuza" I tell him

"Bullshit. Even if he did the two groups are sworn enemies. Chances are he knew you'd find that document and wanted to manipulate you" he answers.

We reach the end of the alleyway, where this nightmare has officially come to an end.

"Come on guys," Yuzuru says

"Let's go home"

A/N: "I'm sorry the old Jordan can't come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, BECAUSE HES DEAD" 😂😂😂 I'm sorry I scared everyone but that was my plan since February. Epilogue will be the last chapter so look forward to it!