One step closer, two steps far from you (pt. 1)

He yelled as he returned home someone could've actually thought Adrien Agreste was torturing a cat. He spend his afternoon dancing in circles while observing at pictures of Ladybug. Was she finally his? Could he call her bugaboo without receiving a nudge in his ribs? It was a cute gesture from her, perhaps the only one he got.

Adrien paced outside his father's office who was working late that day. Plagg remained hidden in his jacket, but even he could smell the awful stench from his Camembert. He practiced his speeches over and over in his head. He knew he couldn't tell anybody his secret, but it was his father and he needed to talk to someone about Ladybug that wasn't Plagg, who would always relate it to something with cheese.

He knocked on his father's door softly, one-two knocks, barely a sound.

Gabriel Agreste opened the door, talking on the phone and at seeing it was Adrien, he opened the door wider and walked back to his desk. Adrien followed him, and instead of sitting down, he observed his father's painting. Adrien started to fidget with his ring, was it worth it? Telling his father who barely cared about him and if he did, it was only because of his work as a model?

"Father, I have to tell you something." He said quietly as his father ended his call. "It's serious."

His father nodded and settled down the stack of papers he has carrying. "Do hurry up, I have work to do."

"Father, what was it when you fell in love with mom?" He asked softly, starting smooth.

His father blinked. Both of them had never actually talked with anything related to her besides the obvious, of her gone missing and how both of them missed her deeply. Gabriel cleared his throat and started, "I thought nothing in life could be worse than losing her. I found myself thinking only about her, nothing else entering my mind-not even my job. I wanted to be with her, Adrien, more than anything in this life and I got to, only for a short amount of moment."

"What would you do if I told you I was feeling these things?" He asked, raising his eyes to lock them with his father's who were always grey-dull. 

Gabriel interlaced both of his hands together. "What's her name?"

"Ladybug," He said, barely in a whisper.

Gabriel jerked back and sighed. "Son, this must be a joke."

"I'm not!" He yelled and stood up. "For once in my life you could listen to me. I'm sick of tired of being your puppet for you to control whenever you want to. Have you thought that me going to school is the only thing you've ever done to me? I wanted a party, I didn't get one. I wanted to invite some friends over, you never let me. What am I supposed to do here? Bore myself to death or should I runaway like mom?"

He said those words before he thought about it. Adrien covered his mouth and observed as his father stood up, smoke, apparently coming out of his ears. Gabriel placed his hands behind his back and turned around, not daring to meet his son's eyes.

"What I do is for you're own good-"

"How can you do that if you don't even know me?" Adrien asked. "You don't know my other friends and the only good glimpse you saw of Nino, you forbid him to enter the house! I was wrong, wrong about everything! Here I come, so naive and thick to actually confess my feelings to you over her. My feelings for her match every single one of your's for mom, what's the difference? Once I find her identity-"

"Which is highly unlikely." Gabriel snapped. "I'm not having this discussion with you, Adrien. Ladybug might as well be a shadow, we don't even know who she is! I don't need her, I don't need to be protected by akumas because I'm never usually tangled up with them. You, however, you go along with Chloe who is a beacon for akumas. I am your father, you do what I tell you even if it means for me to take away any sort of seeing Ladybug."

"What do you have against me?" He asked hopelessly at his father. "I've only been good, I go to Chinese, to piano, to fencing and I actually go to pathetic photo-shoots which I hate, and all for nothing! You don't thank me, don't give anything else in return except ignoring me and acting like I don't even exist, like I'm not you're son. If mom where to be here, what would she say?"

"Don't turn this conversation on her." Gabriel warned.

"Well it's because of her my life became an horrid hell!" Adrien yelled and hit the table hard with his fist. 

"Enough!" Gabriel yelled, making Adrien yelp and lean back. "You are just a child, you have no idea what the outside world is like. One more of this actions, and forget of going to school. Forget of seeing Chloe, Nino-"

"Why take everything I love?" Adrien asked. "Was I the reason mom is gone? No, you might as well be the reason why she left."

The strike came quicker than anything he'd expected. Adrien jerked back, a hand rising up to his cheek where his father had hit him. He locked eyes with his father who looked horrified. He choked back a sob, raised his head and ran out of the room, once the door closed. Adrien let it go and sobbed, running into his room and throwing himself into his bed.

"Adrien," Plagg said, flying from his jacket and resting on his mess of blonde hair. "Don't cry, you know what happens."

Adrien ignored him. Never in his life would he think his father would despise him enough to hit him like hard parents would do in movies. Yes, Adrien regretted everything he said to his father, but it was built up inside him nothing happy and sweet would come out of his mouth. Sure, Gabriel would pair him up with a super model or someone rich like Chloe, but not with someone so talented and pretty like Ladybug? He didn't understand.   

Chat Blanc...  

A voice said making Adrien jerk his head up. His eyes scanned his room, nobody was there. Plagg was gone, perhaps off to eat some Camembert, not caring about how Adrien felt at all.

Let me help you hurt those who hurt you, it said. You will be no longer a root for other's success. You've been used, voiced, and bruised-but you now cause those things. All you have to do is bring me Ladybug's miraculous, and I will trade you your new powers with your old miraculous. Do we have a deal?

Nothing was telling him to stop, why should he? The deal this guy was offering was better than any deal he'd ever receive in his life. Sure, he could finally discover who Ladybug was and love her entirely, Hawkmoth would have both miraculous and he would have powers himself. The plan sounded perfect.

"We have a deal." Adrien said wickedly as a purple blob started covering his entire body.