Depths of lonliness

*Picture isn't mine* Enjoy! 

She counted the minutes, the passing seconds, the longing hours. Nothing seemed to distract her mind from the idea of leaving Adrien slumped on the pavement, his chest leaving by the knife his father decided to throw at him. She was dropped out of the helicopter, shackled and blinded folded until they threw her into a dark cell and left her there. She could hear muffled voices, but none of them seemed to grasp at her. 

The meals came in and out, they were trying to feed her too much. She had a piece of meat or rice at her lap mostly every twenty minutes and she hadn't eaten any of it. Her cell stank with the smell of putrid meat and rice.  The cell was insanely cold when she wasn't crying, she was shivering. Her hands were purple just like her lips, they almost matched the shade of blue of her hair. 

"Marinette?" A vague voice said.

She turned around to face weeping Fred, the mime. His eyes were distant in the moonlight, but nobody could mistake his height. He sighed and muttered something as he stepped closer. Cells were connected to each other by tubes so it was easily to talk to other prisoners while seeing at them. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his tears glistening. "I remember Mylene and...that's all. I don't remember much then."

Marinette shook her head and looked she had plenty of food too and he had eaten it all. "Don't eat," She advised him. "Eat only when your stomach is growling, other than that-I'm sure the amount of food is only a reason why they want us."

"Marinette!" This voice was more like a cry, like a happy one. She suddenly felt two hands on her back, whirling her around to face the simple and loving face of Nathaneal. He cried in relief and cupped her face in his hand, his thumb dancing over her cheek. His eyes had tears on their surface like seeing her awoke his memories of how far away he was from home. "Are you okay? I was scared something might happen to you."

"I'm fine," She said sweetly and sighed in relief. If she wasn't alone, she was just glad Nathaneal was at her side. "Do you remember anything?"

"I thought I had seen Gabriel Agreste," Nathaneal looked lost in thought for a moment like he wasn't talking to her anymore. "He was injured and I decided I should help him. I brought him into my home, my parents crying in relief both I and Gabriel were fine. They said something of kidnapping around Paris, mysteriously teenagers were disappearing without a trace and they all seemed to link back to akumatized victims.

They wanted to protect me and while we sat down, talking about what to do with Gabriel...I remember he smashed a vase to my father's head. My mother and I cried out but there was no running, we were trapped. My mother's faint screaming doesn't leave my head, Mari. I don't know what he did with them, but it wasn't good. Why are we special? Why would he need us?"

Marinette shrugged and now it was her turn to comfort him. She scooted closer to the bars so they were the only wall separating them. Her thumb brushed his cheek and whipped away the tear carefully and they locked eyes. Nothing was wrong if she focused on those turquoise waters. As long as his warmth, sweetness and tenderness was side by side with her, nothing in the world could probably hurt her than staying apart from him. Their foreheads moved so it was touching the other and she felt connected to him, nothing in the hellish world could ruin that moment.

In that moment, he was hers and she was his. Forever, like fate had played with Marinette's heart and replaced it with golden shards. 

"Be safe for the night." Nathaneal whispered and kissed her nose. "Goodnight."

"Umbrellas are for the weak," replied Marinette with a giggle. Nathaneal laughed at her comment and the two of them went to sleep, backs hitting the bars but their hands interlaced.