The girl behind the mask

*picture is not mine* Enjoy!

Adrien struggled to function.

His lips formed a word, letting it hang in the air, "Marinette."

The girl he loved was under his nose. He knelt next to her as her kwami came out of the earrings and flying next to Plagg who had the ring tightly around his little kwami hands. Marinette's head rested on his lap as he pulled her closer and sobbed. She was incredibly injured, Hawkmoth or rather his father, stabbed her int he stomach. She was coughing blood and her hand was wrapped tightly around his. 

"I'm glad it's you." He said softly, kissing her forehead gently, enough for a smile to appear out of her lips. Crystal Blue leaned down and looked worriedly at Marinette's injuries. "Will she be fine?"

"I'm sure she will. She's a strong girl." She replied and stared at him. He wasn't used at old woman to be attracted to him. "Um, why don't we call an ambulance?"

"No." A voice said and everyone's head jerked back to see Master Fu running towards Marinette's injured body. He knelt next to Adrien and started to take things out of his suitcase. Adrien stared at each of them carefully. "An ambulance cannot heal the injury Marinette has. The wound itself is so deep, even her kwami felt it. For a kwami to feel harm while in battle...the harm might be incredibly dangerous. We must be glad she's alive."

Adrien gripped Marinette's body tighter. "Can she die? Will she die?"

"I'm not deaf." Marinette replied, wincing at the pain. 

"She will not die, not while I'm here." Master Fu said calmly and started to do an ancient ritual. Marinette was shaking, Adrien pulled her closer so her head rested on his shoulder and his arms were tightly wrapped around her. Looking at her with a little bit of dirt on her cheeks and her eyes blood-shot red after all that crying and her stomach bleeding, he couldn't understand how stupid he was.

They had the same hair color.

Adrien looked back to the door and realized Gabriel Agreste had escaped, if he hadn't, he would've experienced his anger. He shook Gabriel out of his thoughts, Marinette needed him. She had suddenly closed her eyes as it was all part of the ritual. 

You're Ladybug....

I'm Ladybug.

You love Adrien....

I love Adrien.

You love Chat Noir.

I love Chat Noir.

You're dying.

Am I dying?

You weren't able to kill Hawkmoth.

I would never kill.

You're nothing.

I-I'm nothing?

You're dying, pathetic girl.

What?

You're dying!

Help! I don't want to die!

All hail Hawkmoth!

SOMEONE HELP ME!   

Marinette jolted awake, panting as she realized the sun was outside. No thunder, no clouds-no Stormy Weather-no darkness. She winced as she saw a bandage wrapped around her stomach where a little red spot rested. Thoughts of yesterday came hurtling towards her like a bullet, quickly and deadly. She suddenly felt dizzy as Tikki came to view, sighing in relief and cuddling in Marinette's cheek. "Marinette, I was so worried."