Shattered minds

*picture isn't mine* Enjoy!

"Adrien, I'm sorry." Chloe said, walking over the corner of the street, her eyes flashing before Marinette's grave as she found Adrien wet with tears, but a look of confusion in his face. She leaned in to find Adrien picking up a pink, magical creature that had passed out. Her heart stopped. Ladybug's kwami. "Adrien, what is that? Why do you have it?"

He spun around to face her with such indescribable madness. His eyes would lit up as she locked eyes with him. He tugged Tikki into his pocket and looked at the grave. "Nothing. Nothing that you should care about."

"Oh, I should care." She replied, trying not to be hurt by the bitterness of his voice, threatening to destroy her. "I know what this is, you don't. Do you even know what she is?"

Adrien fixed his gaze that would shatter glass, no, more like minds onto her. "It's a joke, a toy. How much suffering do you need to see me pass through? Seriously, play a sickening prank saying somebody's hurt, help, please, and then the toy dies? Have you fallen that low, Chloe?"

She backed away, hurt. "It's not a toy." She took a step forward. "It's the opposite of a joke. I need to know her exact words, in fact, I need her. I know someone who's been looking for her for a long time."

Adrien leaned back, perplexed. "You're making this up. You're doing this to still break me-still, after everything I've been through."

"Adrien, give me the kwami!" Chloe yelled, taking another step forward.

"Kwami? Is this something Korean or Japanese prank toy?" He asked, his eyes flashing towards Tikki who still laid soundly asleep on his palm. "Chloe, knock it off."

"I'm sorry," She apologized before grabbing her purse and knocking him down. People around started to gasp and scream but Chloe said it was all part of the play they were practicing for and Adrien would wake up any minute now. She grabbed his shoulders and with all the strength she could, she managed to drag him into a cemetery near by. She hope he would wake up thinking Marinette's grave was nearby, forgetting completely about Tikki and her.

Queen flew from her purse as Chloe settled Adrien nicely on a grave. "You didn't have to knock him out."

Chloe stared at her kwami. "It was the only way my brain could process getting hands on Tikki. Besides, I didn't do anything to him."

"He's not conscious." replied sarcastically her kwami. When Chloe shot her another dark look, Queen laughed. "That's not what we need to discuss right now. You have to get Tikki to Master Fu, he'll heal her. She would give us information on Ladybug. What if she's still alive?"

Chloe tried the words out loud, "What if Marinette is alive?"

She would rescue her. She would rescue Marinette, heal her and bring her to Adrien so everything could be fixed. Chloe looked around and a shivered past her back realizing the place she was in. She shared a knowing look with Queen and she nodded in approval. Queen flew back into Chloe's purse as she started walking deeper into the graveyard.

Chloe could remember the exact day. September 14. She could remember what she was wearing. A bumblebee skirt with black shoes and a white, clean shirt with fancy sleeves. She remembered her age. Seven. She remembered who was at her side. Her father and Adrien. She remembered who she had lost. Her mother.

Standing in front of her grave eight years later was astonishing. Chloe hugged her stomach at watching some dead flowers accumulating besides her mother's grave. Tears coming to the surface of her eyelids, she knelt in front of the grave and neatly passed her hand over the rocky surface. As a child, she would do the exact same thing, believing her mother would come back from a really long vacation, that was what people around her used to say so she wasn't depressed.