(CHAPTER TWO)

TWO

( survivors )

WITH THE ARROW, came a herd of walkers

WITH THE ARROW, came a herd of walkers. Ophelia did not know how this was possible, she had locked all the doors when the siblings had found refuge within the old building. Unfortunately for them, there were not many places to hide and Ophelia had an arrow wedged deep into her foot.

They both knew a herd of walkers would eventually find a way into the store, it was inevitable. The doors could only take so much weight and pressure from the rotting corpses pushing against them. But, it was too soon. Someone must have let them in.

Whether it was by mistake or intentional the girl did not know. Perhaps someone seeking shelter let them slip in, perhaps it was the fucker that had pieced her foot with a bolt.

Still, Ophelia and her brother did not have time to think of every possible reason for the herd passing through - they needed somewhere to hide. So through clenched teeth the girl clung onto her brother arms, limping through the building as he wrapped an arm around her waist.

She was not heavy, he had no trouble with helping her run to the nearest hiding spot. But he did have trouble finding a suitable place of which they could withdraw into the shadows and out of sight. Ophelia was no help in the matter, her foot was bleeding and god knew it was a pain.

When he found an average size janitors closet, Griffin was quick to pull his sister in with him. The smell of cleaning products hitting them like a wave as they practically leapt into the low lit room and slammed the door behind them.

"Can you hear that?" Ophelia looked up at her brother as he held up a finger. She arched a brow at him, asking, "Hear what?"

The older Jackson twin was quick to look out of the small glass window at the door, walkers were in sight sniffing for human meat, but they had not yet seen where the two had been hiding. They were just dragging their rotting feet across the marble floor, snapping their jaws in hope to find a human.

"Voices. There's other people here." A glimmer of hope was evident within the boy's voice as he turned to face Ophelia. He had hoped for a long time, to find others, to know he and his sister were indeed not alone in this shit world.

Ophelia looked up at her brother, a small sweat had broken out on her forehead. She was not dying, but it did not feel nice to have an arrow wedged into ones foot.

"No shit. This arrow didn't come out of no where." She grumbled. Griffin did not respond to her sarcasm, instead he slowly opened the door. "What are you - Griffin don't even think about it."