(CHAPTER FIFTY TWO)

CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

( honest goodbyes )

     When Ophelia woke up, she felt groggy and tired, but at least this time, she wasn't tied to a chair in the middle of an empty room, waiting to be interrogated

When Ophelia woke up, she felt groggy and tired, but at least this time, she wasn't tied to a chair in the middle of an empty room, waiting to be interrogated. Instead, she was sprawled out on the back seat of a car, with a cold compress pressed against her head.

She wasn't bleeding anymore — which was a good sign — as she sat herself up. But, her head still hurt, and her foot was killing her. She couldn't wait to go back home and rest in the comfort off her bunk bed. That was all she needed right now, and then she'd be fine.

As she opened the car door and sat herself in the doorway, she welcomed the summer wind with a grateful smile — grateful to be out off that horrible, small room. As she then looked around her, she saw that the car was parked in the middle of a road, just by the forrest, probably where Woodbury was.

Maggie and Glenn were hovering near the car, pacing anxiously as they waited for the others to get back. Although Glenn was horribly beaten and hurt, so he didn't move around as much as Maggie, at least, not without wincing in pain.

"Hey." Ophelia said groggily, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"Hey." Glenn said, turning to face her. "You're up."

"Yeah." She nodded, as she stretched her arm above her head — she'd laid on it awkwardly in her sleep. "How long was I out for?"

"A while." Glenn told her. "I mean...it's morning now."

Ophelia pursed her lips as she looked more closely at Glenn, and then she noticed his swollen, beaten face; at least half of his head was now purple and blood strained. He looked as bad — if not worse — as she did.

"Holy shit, Glenn." She gasped. "What did he do to you?"

"The Governor didn't do this to me." He replied, before he was cut off by Maggie.

"No. That jackass Merle Dixon did." She said bitterly. "Left him to fend off a walker as well."

"Yeah," Glenn said, scratching the back of his head. "It could have ended up a lot worse. Did you see Merle as well? Did he...do that to you?"

"No. The Governor did this to me." Ophelia said, a scowl on her lips.

"Did he...do anything else to you?" Maggie asked, somewhat apprehensively.