(CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE)

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

( the L word )

    "IT'LL BE TIGHT, 16 PEOPLE IN ONE HOUSE

    "IT'LL BE TIGHT, 16 PEOPLE IN ONE HOUSE." Rick said, as everyone moved their bags into the farmhouse. Maggie shook her head and smiled.

     "Don't worry about that. With the swamp hardening, the creek drying up and with 50 head of cattle on the property we might as well be ringing the damn dinner bell."

      "Even so — we appreciate everything your family has done for us." Rick smiled thankfully.

      The Greene family had opened up their farm house to everyone in the group. After what had happened to Dale in the fields — and with walkers roaming the area — they thought it would be best to get everybody out of the open (especially with Winter coming.)

     "Hey Rick." Said a loud voice. He turned around to see Ophelia approaching him. "Can I talk to you for a minute, please?"

     "Just give me a—"

     "It's important." She assured him, cutting him of swiftly. "It's about Carl."

     Rick nodded. "Alright then."

     The sheriff then proceeded to follow the girl out of the house and onto the patio, where they were met with a cold wind blowing against their faces. Ophelia quickly looked around — to make sure no one was watching — before she reached into her back pack and pulled out a handgun.

     "A gun?" Rick asked with an arched brow.

     "A gun." She nodded. "Daryl's gun."

     "You...wanted to talk to me about Daryl's gun?"

     "No." She heavily sighed as she slipped the gun back into her bag and zipped it up. "I wanted to talk to you about Carl, Rick."

     "He took Daryl's gun." She told him bluntly. Rick furrowed his brows in confusion.

     "What? Why would he do that?"

     "Because he's going through some shit." She replied. "He didn't mean to do anything bad with it. But, he was angry and he was pissed off. He started playing around with it and it backfired. Ended up with a walker on his trail."

     "I-I don't understand." Rick said with his hands on his hips.

     "That same walker killed Dale."