(CHAPTER THIRTY ONE)

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

( Randell )

     "Well, I hope I don't ever get on your bad side

"Well, I hope I don't ever get on your bad side." Said a low voice and Ophelia turned around to see Rick approaching her.

"Morning." She greeted him, before turning back to face the punching bag swinging from the tree. She'd burrowed it from Hershel who had been keeping it in storage ever since Maggie was born.

"Anyone's face on that target?" Rick asked after observing her for a moment.

"Shane. Andrea. Myself." She replied, throwing a violent punch at the bag. "Take your pick."

"You would have made a decent cop with punches like that — you know takin' down the bad guys and all." He mused. The girl shook her head dismissively.

"Now I know you didn't come over here to make small talk with me, Officer." She said straight to the point. "What's up?"

"Well, firstly I wanted to thank you for taking care of Carl."

"You don't need to thank me, Rick. You were busy last night—"

"No. No." He smiled, placing his hands on his hips. "I wasn't just talking about last night. I've noticed how often you've been takin' him under your wing. And I appreciate it. Really I do."

"He's a good kid. I like spending time with him. There's nothing to thank me for." She insisted with a small smile, steadying her punching bag.

"He really looks up to you, you know. And with everything that's going on, with me and Lori being so busy all the time, I'm glad you've been taking care of him."

"Like I said, he's a good kid."

Rick nodded, before looking around him. He then took a step to Ophelia and spoke in a hushed whisper.

"I, uh, I heard you and Daryl went on a supply run yesterday." He said quietly, not noticing the heat rising to the girls cheeks. "I don't suppose you, uh, got any morning sickness pills?"

Ophelia stopped throwing her fist into the punching bag and looked at Rick with furrowed brows.

"Oh. No. Not for me." He clarified with wide blue eyes.

"Right..." the girl nodded. "But, no. Me and Daryl didn't get round to doing that supply run. Something came up. And we didn't bring a list with us anyways."

"Oh." Rick mused, chewing on his lip.

"But, if you really need some I can take a run to the nearest pharmacy." She offered — it wasn't like she couldn't do with a distraction. Her mind had been clouded with images of last night and she didn't know why — it was infuriating.