(CHAPTER SIXTY TWO)

CHAPTER SIXTY TWO

( Confrontation )

     "CAN I HOLD HER?" Andrea asked, as Ophelia finished feeding Judith a bottle of milk

"CAN I HOLD HER?" Andrea asked, as Ophelia finished feeding Judith a bottle of milk. "Please. I'm not going to hurt a baby."

"I don't—I don't know." Ophelia said — she didn't mind Andrea holding the child, but Judith was Ricks daughter, and Rick didn't trust Andrea anymore.

"It's alright, she can have a quick hold." Carol smiled, walking into the small cell that they were in. "If she tries anything, we can handle it. But, I don't think Andrea means any harm."

"I don't." Andrea insisted. "I didn't even know that you guys were here until a few days ago. I'm not planning anything malicious."

Ophelia hesitated for a moment, before nodding. "Okay."

She then handed the baby over to Andrea, who cradled Judith in her arms as she began to stir in her sleep. It had been a long time since Andrea had held a baby, since she'd seen such innocence in the world.

"The Governor," Carol said, after a short while. "You need to do something."

"I am."

"No you need to sleep with him. Give him the greatest night of his life, you get him to drop his guard then when he's sleeping you can end this." Carol said coldly — Ophelia initially widened her eyes in surprise.

"It isn't that easy." Andrea said, looking away from the baby and to Carol.

"If you don't, you may as well be killing everybody here."

"That's not fair." Andrea insisted. "I can't kill Philip. I just can't."

"Do you love him?" Ophelia asked, cutting into the conversation.

"W—What?" Andrea replied with furrowed brows.

"Philip. Do you love him? Is that why you can't kill him?" Ophelia asked. "Or are you religious?"

"Me? No." Andrea laughed quietly. "I'm not religious."

"So, do love him then?" She asked again, somewhat quietly.

"No. But, he has made me happy the past several months that I've been in Woodbury after everybody left me behind."

"I get that. I get that he filled a void in your heart after everybody you loved left you behind." Ophelia said softly. "He makes you feel special, safe even. And now you're back here with us, and you feel like we've treated you like sh—t. So, why would you kill him?"

"But, you don't have to kill him to help us. And for all that we did to you, we didn't mean to leave you behind. We waited at the highway for a while, and we didn't want to leave you. But, there was a herd on our back and if we'd stayed, we never would've made it here." She added. "I'm sorry that you got left behind, Andrea. But, for all that we were, for all the time we all spent together, please, help us."

Andrea ran her teeth over her lip. "How?"

"Help us get inside. That's all you have to do."

"To do what? There's innocent people and children that live in Woodbury. And for all the horrible things Philip has done, I won't have their blood on my hands." She dismissed.

"We don't need to kill anybody." Carol cut in. "The only person we want is The Governor."

"So you can make him pay? I won't have his suffering on my hands either."

"No, but you'll stand by and watch as he murders all of us one by one." Ophelia snapped. "Tell me, will you watch him as he puts a knife to each of our throats and slaughters us? I don't suppose you'll watch him kill the children either. But, as long as Philip is okay, what does is matter?"

Andrea put Judith back down in her crib, before she scoffed. "You're blowing all of this out of proportion. I won't have any blood on my hands. That's all."

"But, blood will be on your hands, don't you get it? Either way somebody is going to die

     "Look, I'm sorry, okay? But there's nothing I can do to help you. The best I can offer you is sanctuary in Woodbury. I can talk to Philip and get him on board." She offered. "I mean, this place is going to only last so long."

      "You don't get it." Ophelia said, grabbing the collar of Andrea's shirt in her temper. "We don't want to go to Woodbury. We don't want to live with 'Philip.' He was going to execute Maggie and Glenn, he tortured me, almost crippled me, and he pitted Daryl against Merle, brother against brother. He's lied to you, to all of your people, and he's going to slaughter each of us here. And you're just letting him."

     "Whatever I do somebody's blood will be on my hands!" Andrea said holding up her hands. "Sometimes doing nothing is the best option. Philip says your lying, and you're accusing him of the same thing. What am I meant to do exactly?"

     "We've known each other since the quarry. We were your family, Andrea." She said, letting go off her shirt. "How can you think we would ever attack an innocent group of people? We couldn't even kill Randell!"

      "Since when did you care so much about the people here anyway?" Andrea asked, brushing down her shirt. "You always gave your brother grief for making you stay with these people."

     "Look, I'm tired of fighting with you, Andrea." She said, now calmly. "But, I just want to know something: if Dale was still here with us, if my brother was still here with us, would you really stand by and do nothing?"

     Andrea quickly lowered her head in thought.

     "My brother loved you. He did. And I think he still does, because I think he's still out there, somewhere. And if he is, you're going to see him again. And I want you to, I want him to be happy with you, Andrea." She said quietly. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to him, and you deserve to be happy too. But, if the governor slaughters all of us, tell me honestly, if you see my brother again, will you ever be able to look at him without guilt clouding your eyes?"

     Andrea looked down at her feet and pouted her lips in thought for a moment.

     "Look, Andrea, I'm sorry for everything that's happened. And whatever happens, I'm glad that my brother had you." Ophelia said, before she turned around to go off and leave the cell.

     "Ophelia." Andrea called after her as she reached the doorway.

     Ophelia turned back around to look at Andrea again, arching a brow.

      "I'm not going to kill Philip. I'm sorry. And I'm not going to sneak you into Woodbury. But, I will help you. Don't ask me how, I don't know how. But, when it's time, I'll do my part." Andrea agreed — she'd only known Philip for a few months, how could she turn her back on a ground she'd known for double that?

     "Thank you." Ophelia said gratefully. "Truly."

     "And I'll keep an eye out for Griffin. And...whenever I can, see if I can find any sign of him. I promise." She assured her. "I mean, your brother did so much for me, it's probably the least I owe him."

     "My brother was lucky to have you." Ophelia said with a small smile. "And hopefully you'll find each other again. Whenever that might be."

Edited