(CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN)

CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN

( ass kicker )

      When they reached a small nursery a couple of miles away from the prison, Daryl quickly parked his bike outside of the building — it seemed like it would have milk at least, and maybe some other things the baby might want, so he decided that...

When they reached a small nursery a couple of miles away from the prison, Daryl quickly parked his bike outside of the building — it seemed like it would have milk at least, and maybe some other things the baby might want, so he decided that they should have a poke around in there.

     Daryl held his crossbow in front of him, as he got of off his bike, and Ophelia did the same as she grabbed her knife. They then both headed off towards the nursery building in front of them hoping that they'd find milk at least. They couldn't let this baby die.

     As they walked into the building, they saw that it wasn't too invested with walkers. A few strays were roaming inside of the building, but Daryl quickly shot them with his arrows, and Ophelia used her hunting knife to fend them off until there were none left.

     When there were none left, Daryl and Ophelia swiftly went about trying to find some milk for the baby — any sort off formula that might work. They both raided through the cupboards and emptied the shelves until they found something useful.

     "This it?" Daryl asked as he picked up a box off, what looked like, formula.

     "Uh, it looks like it." She nodded. She knew just about as much as he did.

     Ophelia then opened up her duffel bag — that Daryl had bought — and Daryl put all of the formula boxes that he could find inside. When he was done, she zipped up the bag and flung it over her shoulder, she hoped it was the right formula for the baby.

     They then both went to leave the building, until a loud noise reached their ears, it sounded like a crash. They both exchanged a confused look, before they took a few steps over towards a cupboard, where they thought that the crashing sound might have come from.

    Daryl held a torch in his mouth, and his crossbow in his hands, as he quickly opened the cupboard. A moment later, he fired a green feathered arrow into the pitch black and reached for something inside off the cupboard.

     "Dinner." He said, holding up a possum.

     "That's not going in my bag." She grinned — on this occasion, she didn't want to mix a wild animal with a child's formula.

     Daryl then put his bow over his back and held his possum in one hand, before he left the building, now that they'd found the formula, and headed over towards his motorcycle. Ophelia quickly followed him outside, carrying the duffel bag over her shoulder.

     As she then sat down on the bike, whilst Daryl was counting his arrows, she put her knife away. But, she accidentally knocked another silver blade — an all too familiar one — onto the floor as she did. She rolled her eyes at herself, as it clanked against the pavement.