(CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE)

TWENTY FIVE

( search for a open ended spanner )

       "WHY, OF COURSE YOU CAN STAY HERE — for as long as you need

"WHY, OF COURSE YOU CAN STAY HERE — for as long as you need." Dale smiled, kindly at the girl stood in front of him, who's lips were munching on a piece of wheat. She reciprocated the old mans gentle smile, and nodded her head. "Thank you, Dale. I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important."

"Oh, believe me, I know." He chuckled, lightly, before the RV began to shake. Dale almost stumbled out of the recreational vehicle out of surprise, but managed to stay on his feet when Ophelia grasped his shoulders, tightly. "Oh my word." He breathed heavily, as the RV became still again. "What in the world was that?"

"Well," Ophelia shrugged, jumping out of the RV, with Dale who trailed quickly behind. "Lets go and check it out — sounded like it came from the back." And so it had, or so they both guessed, as Glenn stood by the back of the RV, covered in soot and drenched in oil, so much so that it was difficult to see his face underneath.

"Glenn, what on earth happened here?" Dale asked, his face wrinkling in confusion as they stood in front of the raven haired boy, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Well — it was an accident." Glenn began, removing his baseball cap and wiping his forehead (partly from the sweat and partly from the soot.) "I was doing like you said. I refilled the tank, which was practically empty, and then I started working on the engine, just how you told me to — I guess something went wrong because one minute I was fixing it just fine, and the next thing I know is the RV is breaking down."

"That's just what we need. First the hose and now the darn engine — I hate to say it, but I'm out of duct tape!" Dale huffed, taking his on' golden pond hat off of his head and using it to fan his face. "This RV used to thrive back in the day! Never so much as bursted a tire."

"I'm sorry, Dale. I just, I don't know what happened." Glenn signed, placing his hands on his hips. Dale shook his head, replying, "don't worry, son. It was inevitable. It's all been going down hill since that damn hose broke."

"I can have a look." Ophelia offered. Both Glenn and Dale turned to her with raised brows. "You've done this kind of stuff before?" Glenn asked, putting his cap back onto his head.

"Is that so surprising, Rhee?" Ophelia asked, quirking a brow, before replying to their question. "My auntie Betty was a car mechanic — I picked up a thing or two. Besides, an RV can't be that different can it?"

"Well, I don't see any harm in trying." Dale said, itching his chin. "Still, do be careful little lady. I'd hate for this to back fire on you, like it did with this old chap. Quite literally." He said, pointing his thumb at Glenn.

Ophelia smirked at that, before taking the wheat out of her mouth and throwing it onto the ground so that she could focus on figuring what was wrong with the RV's engine. When Dale and Glenn cleared her path, she laid on her back and slid under the RV, careful to avoid the oil dripping from the tank. A few minutes later, she skidded back out from under the RV with an answer.