(CHAPTER SIX)

SIX

( guns blazing )

     OTHER THAN avoiding everyone for a long while, Ophelia hadn't been doing much, besides cleaning her blades, before she headed off over to the RV

OTHER THAN avoiding everyone for a long while, Ophelia hadn't been doing much, besides cleaning her blades, before she headed off over to the RV. There weren't too many people there, except for Dale — who was reading a book on top of his RV — and Daryl — who was skinning squirrels by the fire.

Her brother, Griffin, was helping out with the group — Andrea, Carol, and Jacqui — sat by the lake. He was helping them with the washing, or trying to at least. Since all of the walkers had already been taken care off earlier, there wasn't anything else he could do.

A few moments later, Shane walked over to the RV and signalled everyone to come over to hear him out. Ophelia quietly huffed to herself — she came over here because nobody was over here. Now everybody was here.

"I've been, uh...I've been thinking about Ricks plan. Now look, there are no guarantees either way. I'll be the first one to admit that." Shane said once everybody had circled around him. "I've known this man for a long time and I trust his instincts. I say the most important thing here is we need to stay together. So those of you that agree we leave first thing in the morning."

Everyone exchanged looks with each other and talked amongst themselves, debating about whether to go off to the CDC or to to fend for themselves. Ophelia knew Griffin would want to go with them — he was already looking quite comfortable sat by the lake with Andrea. But, she wasn't so keen on the idea, this whole thing was ever supposed to be temporary.

"Lori? What are you doing?" Shane said loudly, cutting off Ophelia's thoughts.

Ophelia quickly turned her head, and furrowed her brows, as she watched Lori coldly ignore Shane. She pursed her lips in thought, something was defiantly going on between Lori and Shane, something strange. Although, she didn't really care what it was, it wasn't any of her business.

"Do you know who's gun this is?" Lori asked a camper, holding up a gun.

They quickly shook their head and Lori huffed in annoyance — she wasn't making any progress. But, when her eyes landed on Ophelia, she made her way over to her.

"Ophelia isn't it?" Lori asked with a head tilt. "Look, I'm sorry to be a nuisance hun, but you don't happen to know who's gun this is do you?"

"Yeah I do. It's mine." She nodded, taking the gun out off her hands. "Uh, thank you mam."

Lori's face then fell until she was scowling at her. Ophelia didn't notice for a short while, as she was checking that her gun was still in tact.