(CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE)

CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE

( Sacrifice )

     OPHELIA WAS MAKING HER WAY out of the cellblock and to the courtyard when she stopped outside of Merle's cell

     OPHELIA WAS MAKING HER WAY out of the cellblock and to the courtyard when she stopped outside of Merle's cell. She saw that Rick was inside quietly talking to him, and she furrowed her brows — Why was Rick inside of Merle's cell and what were they talking so quietly about?

"Rick?" She asked, poking her head through the bars. "What are you doing inside of there?"

"I just wanted to talk to Merle about something." Rick assured her. "Nothing serious."

"Oh," She said somewhat unsurely. "Okay."

"Where have you been all morning anyway, huh sweetheart?" Merle asked snidely. "Cozying up to my baby brother like a pair of snug bugs, I suppose? You know ever you guys kissed and made up, I ain't seen him so happy."

"Well, I, uh, I couldn't give him the cold shoulder forever." She said clearing her throat awkwardly. "Anyway, I'm sorry for interrupting you both. I'll see you later."

"Hold on a second, hold on a second." Merle said before she left.

"Yeah?" She asked, arching a brow.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Well, sweetheart, if something happens to me. At least I know my baby brother will have you." He said with a small smile — almost as if something was going to happen to him. "Just, don't give up on him for me."

"What do you mean?" She asked with a confused expression. "What's going to happen to you?"

Rick and Merle exchanged a look, before he turned to face her again. "Just promise me."

Ophelia didn't know what Merle meant — why was he saying all of this all of a sudden? She didn't like the feeling she felt inside of her gut, as if something bad was going to happen.

She paused for a moment, before she gave him a small smile. "I promise."

❦❦❦

     "Me and Maggie are going on a supply run." Said Glenn, as he loaded up a car with a duffel bags. "Do you want anything?"

     "Another supply run?" Ophelia asked. "Aren't we stocked up on food supplies now?"

     "Yeah, we are." He nodded. "But, this isn't a run for food supplies. Me and Maggie wanna see if we can find a camera, and some toys for Judith. Carl wants some paint, and Beth wants some hair clips. So is there anything you want?"