(CHAPTER SIXTY ONE)

CHAPTER SIXTY ONE

( visit from the past )

     "WELL," Ophelia smiled, as they drove into the prison courtyard

     "WELL," Ophelia smiled, as they drove into the prison courtyard. "We made it."

     "That we did." Daryl replied with a small smile.

     Neither of them knew exactly what they were together right now, but neither of them felt the need to put a label on it either. They'd both put their feelings out there, and whatever they were now, they were fine with whatever that was.

     Ophelia then saw Rick appear in the rear view mirror and she quickly got out off the car. She felt like she could throttle him for playing them like that, but now that she'd got everything of off her chest, she'd felt like a weight had been lifted of off her shoulders and she felt a lot better. And a bigger part of her owed a thank you to Rick for it. Without being pushed, she'd probably still be sulking in her cell.

     "Well, well, well." she smiled, as Rick walked over to her. "Look who finally showed up."

     "Before you go off at me, hear me out—" he went to say, but she cut him off.

     "There's no need. If you hadn't of bolted on us, we'd still be acting like a pair of jackasses." She said, resting a hand on his shoulder. "Even though I could throttle you, I should probably say thank you, officer friendly."

     Rick smiled — he thought he might have been in for a sh—t storm when he saw their car pull up in the courtyard. "So you're finally talking to each other?"

     The girl nodded, a small smile on her face as she looked up at Rick. "And the place we went to, it was a gold mine. It was stacked with supplies, and the duffel bags are full."

     "That's a relief." He said, resting his hands on his hips. "We were beginning to think something had happened to you."

     "It almost did. We just 'bout got out of there, man." Daryl cut in, as he got out off the car.

     "What happened?" Rick asked in concern.

     "That jackass governor sent his men after us. Had to bunk in a basement for a while. Then we made a run for it. Got outta there in an inch of our lives." He replied, closing his car door. "The assholes were on our trail on the drive back here for a while, before we just 'bout lost 'em."

     Rick ran a hand over his face. "I'm sorry. I never would've sent you guys out there without backup if I'd known that—"

     "It's fine, Rick. We handled ourselves. And we're here now with a car stocked up with supplies." Ophelia assured him. "This, along with the crops growing, will last us a while. It was worth it."