(CHAPTER ELEVEN)

ELEVEN

( demons )

   A DAY NEVER PASSED WHERE lori did not feel guilty

   A DAY NEVER PASSED WHERE lori did not feel guilty. She was so brutally forced to remember everything she had done with Shane, every detail and every action they had done together, when she would look her own husband within the eye.

      It became a heavy burden - carrying the mere memory of her lover. For, it became so exhausting, and so difficult to bare, that she would rarely meet her husbands gaze. Sometimes she would struggle to meet her own sons - simply because they were so similar to his fathers. She'd let them both down.

     But, what was worse, was when she was forced to look at her ex lover. With Shane's eyes, came the mere image of her making love to him in the woods, a memory, of which she wished never happened. And when he would speak, when his lips would move, she would often picture how they would be pressed against her own, the things his did with them. She would remember the thrill it sent through her body - and then the heavy guilt that came after.

    She needed to forget, so she did not feel guilty about drinking as much wine as she could that night. Not enough to make her drunk, but enough so that she could forget. She thought that Shane had done the same, and he had, for a time. But, he did not forget. He remembered.

     The more he drunk, the more he remembered, and the more he so desperately wanted to feel his skin against her own, her lips pressed tightly against his, like how it had been before - before Rick came back. He knew this was something he should not feel, but he did. He wanted his best friends wife.

     That night, he craved her very touch, and so he decided to take it. He had approached her, when everyone had left for their rooms, but the woman he loved, she didn't feel the same. It was clear, when she fluently attempted to push Shane away, she didn't want him. But, he simply could not process her words, too drunk to listen.

     "Get your hands of me. Get your hands of me!" She screamed, still pushing her hands tightly against his chest. But, he was in a fantasy of his own as he whispered, "I love you. There's nobody here."

      Lori begged for him to stop, to step and away and leave her. She was begging and she was preying that he loved her enough to respect her wishes, but when he would not stop, she lost faith in her ex lover. He was too far gone to be saved.

    ❦ ❦ ❦

It was pure bliss. She had never missed a shower so much as she had now. The familiar feeling of the water droplets running down her bare skin, the sensation of hovering steam fogging the mirrors, it was a paradise she had so very much missed.