(CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT)

CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT

( A hundred songs )

     TODAY WAS THE DAY that the governor and his troops were going to attack the prison and understandably, everybody was nervous — it was either going to go their way, or they were all going to be driven out of the prison and killed

     Ophelia was defiantly apprehensive about the whole thing and scared for everybody in the group, she didn't want anything to happen to them. But, she also didn't want anything to happen to Griffin. If Andrea was right, she might see him again today, after all these months of searching everywhere. But, if Andrea was right, he might also be on the opposite side, and if things took a turn for the worse, there wasn't any guarantee that Griffin wouldn't get hurt or mistook for somebody from Woodbury, and that frightened her.

    "You look nervous." Carl said, walking into her cell.

     "I am." She said, tying up her shoes. "I don't know what's going to happen, or if our plan is even going to work. How can I not be nervous?"

     "It'll be okay you know." Carl reassured her. "The good guys always win."

     "Like they do in your comics?" She asked. "This isn't a comic book, Carl. This is real life."

     "I know, but we haven't lost yet." He shrugged. "And I don't think we're about to."

     "How can you be so sure?" She asked him, as she finished tying her laces.

     "Because, we're a family." He smiled. "And whatever happens, we'll still be a family. The governor doesn't have anyone like that, so how can win in the end? He can't. That's how I'm sure."

     Ophelia smiled in awe — Carl reminded her of her brother. Even in the scariest moments, they'd find hope, and they'd see the light at the end of the tunnel. And sometimes, she needed that.

     "You remind me of somebody I know." She said, kneeling down in front of him. "Thank you."

     "What for?" He asked with a tilt of his head.

     "For everything." She smiled.

      "For everything?" He asked in surprise. "But, I can barley do anything. I'm just a kid."

     "You might be 'just a kid," she said. "But, you're one of the best friends I've ever had."

     "Really?" He smiled with wide eyes. "Because I feel like I'm just a dumb kid."

     "No, you're not." She assured him. "Never think that. You've been through so much, Carl. And you've handled it better than most adults that I know. You should give yourself more credit."