(CHAPTER THIRTY TWO)

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

( a broken group )

     After Daryl's 'little chat' with Randell the group decided to have a meeting later about what to do with him

   After Daryl's 'little chat' with Randell the group decided to have a meeting later about what to do with him. In the meantime, Daryl secluded himself away from everyone in his tent.

He had a lot going on in his mind and it had made him moody and unpleasant. But, not everyone got the message that he wanted to be left alone. Lori had been pestering him yesterday about finding Rick, Carol had been bothering him just today, and now Dale seemed to follow.

"The whole point of me comin' up here is to get away from you people." Daryl huffed in annoyance, as Dale approached him.

"Gonna take more than that." Dale said, as Daryl rolled his eyes.

"Did Carol send you?"

"Carols not the only one concerned about you —
your new role in the group."

"Oh man. I don't need my head shrunk. The groups broken, better of fendin' for myself." Daryl told him, barging past the old man.

"You act like you don't care."

"Because I don't." The redneck shrugged.

Dale ran a hand over his chin in thought. "Hmm. Not even about Ophelia? I've noticed—"

"She ain't got nothin' to do with this." Daryl said dismissively.

"Why?" Dale asked, adjusting the hat on his head.

"For one she isn't always pesterin' me like you people." Daryl hissed, as Dale kept following him.

"So live or die you don't care what happens to Randal?" The elder man asked him after a moment, a glimmer of hope in his hazel eyes.

"Nope."

"Then why not stand with me? Try to save the kids life if it really doesn't matter one way or the other?"

"Didn't peg you for a desperate son of a bitch."

"Your opinion makes a difference."

"Man ain't nobody lookin' at me for nothin'." Daryl replied with a shake of his head. Dale seemed to think otherwise.

"Carol is. Ophelia is." Dale told him. He didn't notice Daryl's hitched breath. "And I am right now. And you obviously have Ricks ear-"