(CHAPTER THIRTY THREE)

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

( sorry brother )

     "Put him there

"Put him there." Said Rick, with a gun in his hand as Shane and Daryl dragged Randell outside of the barn.

"Oh. Hey-hey!" Randell squirmed in their hands — he was blindfolded so he couldn't see anything.

"It's all gonna be over soon." Rick told him.

"What's gonna be over soon?" The boy asked in a panic.

"Relax." Rick said — starting to feel somewhat guilty. "Would you like to stand or kneel?"

And realisation hit Randell like a slap to the face as he began to panic — he was going to be killed. Everyone looked away as he begged for his life. No one could help but feel guilty. Except, perhaps, for Shane.

"Do you have any final words?" The Sheriff asked him, pointing his gun at Randell's forehead.

"No. Please. Please don't." Randell pleaded.

Rick closed his eyes tightly and tried to blur out the boys heart felt pleads to live. But, a small — unexpected — voice spoke up and everyone — Rick, Shane, Daryl and T-dog — all turned to face an approaching figure.

"Do it, Dad. Do it." Said Carl emerging from the side of the barn. Everyone widened their eyes at him. He wasn't supposed to be there.

"Are you kidding me? What'd I say to you?" Shane huffed in annoyance as he stormed over to Carl. He'd told the boy to stay in the house after he'd caught him talking with Randell in the barn earlier. "What did I say to you?"

Rick watched as Carl laid his eyes on Randell. Rick looked at the gun in his hands and then to Randell and then to his son. Did he really want his son to see him kill another soul?

"Take him away." Rick said, shaking his head and shoving his gun into his pocket — his son wasn't going to see his father as a cold blooded killer. "We're keeping him in custody, for now."

Shane looked angrily at Rick, but Rick stayed firm in his choice and ignored him — Dale was right. Killing Randell wouldn't make him any better than who they're up against. He wanted to set a good example for Carl.

And so as Daryl and T-Dog dragged Randell back into the barn, Shane marched away sulkily — one thing was for sure: Shane would get his way one way or another.