(CHAPTER SEVENTY THREE)

CHAPTER SEVENTY THREE

( Exposed )

     BURNING

     BURNING. All Ophelia could smell was burning.

     She stood in the courtyard, confused as to why she smelt burning. Her first thought was that the prison had caught fire somehow, but there wasn't any smoke that she could see.

     She followed the putrid smell for a while, until she reached a small section offed part of the prison, where it got worse. Daryl, Rick and Tyreese were gathered there, looking down at something, shocked by whatever it was.

     "What's going on?" She asked, walking closer to them.

     "Somebody murdered them!" Tyreese said angrily. "Look at them, they've been burnt so much that they're almost unrecognisable. There's a killer walking around."

     Ophelia then peered past Tyreese's shoulder to see what he was talking about and widened her eyes —  Karen and David (two of Tyreese's friends from Woodbury) laying on the floor, dead, they'd been burnt to death. They were almost ash, lifeless, and thin billows of smoke were leaving their bones.

     "You're a cop. You find out who did this and you bring 'em to me!" Tyreese said to Rick. "You understand? You bring 'em to me!"

     "We'll find out who—" Rick tried to say, but Tyreese cut him off.

     "I need to say it again?"

     "No no." Rick said. "I know what you're feeling. I've been there, you saw me there, it's dangerous."

     "Karen didn't deserve this." Tyreese said after a moment, looking down at what little was left of her.

     "No." Rick agreed.

     "David didn't deserve it."

     "Nobody does." Rick sighed. "All right man let's—"

     "Man I ain't going nowhere till I find out who did this!" Tyreese said loudly through gritted teeth.

     "Were on the same side." Rick tried to say. "Hey look, I know what you're going through. We've all lost someone. We know what you're going through right now, but you've got to calm down."

     "You need to step the hell back!" He snarled.

     "She wouldn't want you being like this." Rick said, trying to calm him down.

     When Tyreese began to become even more angry at Rick, Daryl grabbed his shoulder and tried to pull him away so that he could cool off. But, Tyreese snapped and took ahold of Daryl by his shirt, and pushed him up against the wall in a fit of temper.