(CHAPTER SIXTY THREE)

CHAPTER SIXTY THREE

( Meeting with the governor )

     "HEY, BUDDY." Ophelia smiled at Carl, as he walked into her cell. "Did you have a good run with Rick and Michonne?"

     "It was good. I haven't been outside of this prison for a long time." Carl replied. "And I liked helping dad out."

     "That's good, I know you wanted to get out of here and help out." She said. "And now we're stocked up on even more supplies."

     "Yeah," Carl smiled. "Dad said we're stocked up for months now, especially after your supply run with Daryl."

     "You didn't run into any trouble I take it?" She asked.

     "Only a little. But, you always said I was like a magnet for trouble. So what do you expect?"

     "That's right." She smiled.

     "Oh," Carl said, as he remembered something. "And dad wants to talk to you. He's just outside."

     "Okay, I'll find him later."

     "He said it's important." Carl added.

     "Alright." She said, getting up of off her bed. "I'll go and find him now. Thanks buddy."

     Ophelia then walked out of her cell and saw Rick standing near the perch. Daryl was with him, and they were talking in quiet voices. She couldn't hear what they were saying but she figured that it must have been important.

      "Rick?" She said, as she approached them. "Carl said you wanted to talk to me?"

     "Yeah." He nodded, turning to face her.

     "What about?" She asked with a tilt of her head. "Is everything okay?"

     Rick and Daryl exchanged a quick look, before he replied bluntly. "I'm meeting with the governor."

     "What?" Ophelia said with widened eyes.

     "We're gonna try and negotiate, try and work something out."

     "What's there to work out?" She asked. "They're out for blood."

     "And we're after peace. There has to be somewhere where we can draw the line. This fighting can't go on. Now I can't pretend that I want to let him get away with everything that he's done, but I don't want anymore blood spilled either." Rick explained. "As much as I want him to suffer, I won't have anymore of our people die."

     "Alright, well, it's worth a try." She agreed. "But, you're not going on your own. Right?"

     "No. I've been thinking about that, and I was going to bring you, Daryl and Hershel along. If you're down for that?"