(CHAPTER FOURTEEN)

FOURTEEN

( the disappearance of Sophia )

     "I SAID IT, DIDN'T I SAY it? A thousand times, dead in the water

"I SAID IT, DIDN'T I SAY it? A thousand times, dead in the water."

It had been a day or so, of merely travelling on the road after the C.D.C had been a bust. No one had been entirely sure of where the group were now heading, Shane had been adamant that fort benning was the only option, but others weren't so confident.

Though with the RV broken, they were not going to reach anywhere.

"Problem Dale?"

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of-" he then shook his head, trying again to fix the vehicle.

Everyone else began to look around the high way they had been stranded on, raiding through the cars and stocking up on supplies. Lori simply folded her arms, a chill within her spine as she stated, "this is a graveyard, I don't know how I feel about this."

Ophelia shrugged. "You won't feel anything if we run outta supplies."

Agreeing, T-dog beamed, "Come on y'all, just look around and gather what you can."

From then on, Ophelia had begun to scavenge her way through the many cars cluttering up the highway. Many were broken and damaged, filled with empty water bottles and growling walkers, their stench making the vehicles reek of rotting skin.

Though Ophelia kept pressing forwards, after she had left her knife behind at the C.D.C, accompanied by her back pack, she needed a couple of blades to defend herself with. When she had seen a silver car towards the edge of the highway, she shuffled her boots against the gravel road and tried to open the trunk.

She could see that, inside were many weapons, among other necessities like maps and water filters. This guy had the right idea, she thought. He'd have survived well in the new world, and he'd obviously planned too.

"Hey, Daryl." She called. "Come and help me open this."

Daryl was only a few cars away — raiding a small jeep — when he heard his name. He walked over to Ophelia and circled the car she was trying to open, before tapping the trunk. "Gonna be hard to open."

"I suppose that's why he locked himself in his car. To stop anyone getting in. Smart man."

Daryl then left for his motorcycle, raiding his bag for something as he said, "you call it smart, I call it bein' a son of a bitch."

Ophelia smirked - she supposed it wasn't good for them after all. They needed this dead mans supplies. "Can you hurry up?"