(CHAPTER FIFTY NINE)

CHAPTER FIFTY NINE

( Supply run )

     Ophelia was up and out off the cell block by early morning, and prepping the car for the supply run with Rick

     Ophelia was up and out off the cell block by early morning, and prepping the car for the supply run with Rick. She was loading up the trunk of the car with plenty of duffel bags, firearms and petrol tanks as soon as it was light enough to see, and so that they could leave as soon as Rick appeared. But, he never did.

     Instead, Daryl came over with his bow over his back.

     "If you're looking for Rick," she said, slamming the trunk of the car shut. "Then he should be here any minute."

     "Alright." He nodded. "Mind if I wait around for a bit until officer friendly gets his ass over here?"

     "You can do whatever you want, Daryl." She said as she leant against the car. "You normally do."

     Daryl didn't say anything else, or reply to her dig at him — he knew that he deserved it anyway — and just walked off over to the back of the car where he figured he would wait for Rick to show up and make a start on their supply run into town.

     There was an awkward silence between them for a while, as each of them waited against each end of the car, waiting impatiently for Rick to show up. But, he wasn't ever going to show up, at least this time he wasn't. And both of them began to get annoyed as time past and he still hadn't arrived.

     "What do want with Rick anyway?" She asked curiously — and slightly passive aggressively.

     "Me and officer friendly are meant to be goin' on a supply run into town."

     Ophelia quickly furrowed her brows — she was meant to be going off into town on a supply run with Rick.

     "Wait, that doesn't make any sense." She said. "You can't be going on a supply run with Rick today."

     "Why not?" He asked.

     "Because I'm going on a supply run with Rick today." She told him. "That's what we were talking about yesterday afternoon."

     "That don't make no sense." Daryl said with a confused look. "He didn't say anything 'bout you when we agreed to go on a supply run today."

     And then the penny dropped; Ophelia scoffed in realisation as she realised what Rick was playing at. He was trying to make her talk to Daryl by throwing them into this supply run together. He was never planning on coming along with either of them.