11

The three all walked out of school together. Harry felt very uncomfortable, Joe made him feel slightly scared.

"Why were you two together after school?" Joe asks.

"Because I was upset, I just wanted someone to listen to me Joe."

"You think I wouldn't have listened to you Zo, you can come to me, why did you go to Harry, and what was it about?"

"It's dad," she cries softly.

"What about dad?" Joe asks, stopping in his tracks, Zoe inset even looking at him anymore, Joe is stood in front of her as Harry watches it all. She can't speak. She can't do anything.

She is breaking down.

"Zoe, breathe for me ok?" Joe soothes.

She sits down, taking in long deep breathes to calm herself down.

"Dad been hurting me, a lot. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't know how, but he's been doing such bad things to me, and I can't fucking take it! She cries, her face was now buried into Joes chest as she poured her heart out.

Harry sat down next to her.

"You knew about this?" Joe questioned, Harry slowly nodded.

"I wanted someone to talk to, and I wanted to talk to Harry because I knew he would just listen, that's why we were together," she cries.

"And Joe."

"Yes Zoe?"

"Don't think about coming out to dad this weekend either."

"How come?"

"Me and Harry went to my place, don't say anything to anyone, but Harry is gay, and I let him put on my clothes for fun, and when dad saw him, he punched him in the face, that's why he is all bruised, he told Harry to leave, because he hated him being 'a gay boy'. He made him take off my clothes and change."

Joe looks over to Harry.

"Really?" He questions.

"I'm sorry that you wouldn't be accepted, don't worry, I wouldn't be accepted, that's why I haven't came out yet."

"Casp was so excited to meet dad, now I know he's a homophobic asshole that's been hurting you Zo, for fuck sake, how long has he been hurting you for?"

"I don't know when it started, because at first I thought he was just being strict, until it got physical, until I use to get marks, that's why I wore so much makeup, to hide that. He slaps me, punches, he threw my book across the room and he shouts, and he used me, my body."

Zoe cries even more.

"I feel horrible about myself now, he calls me fat, I don't eat as much as I used to."

"Zoe, please, please, please don't make dads stupid brain affect you, I don't want you to hurt yourself, Alfie and I couldn't live without you."

"Alfie hit me."

"He didn't mean it, trust me, he was just angry at me," Harry buts in.

"Wait a minute, your gay, why did you accuse Ashley of liking Simon when apparently you two are a thing?"

"I haven't found a way to tell her yet."