34

The bell rang for lunch as Simon stood up from his chair, he was just about to walk out when he was stopped by the snobby looking teacher who hated Simons guts, Simon turned around slowly, facing her as she ushered him to come over to her desk.

"What did I do now?" He rolls his eyes, his hands clenching the side of the desk. She looks at him with disbelief at how he could be so dumb. "Your attendance in this class is horrible Simon." He says. "It may come as a shock, but I don't want to learn about history." He says. "I see that, but you have to be here, on time, everyday!"

"Whatever," he grumbles as he walks out, not having to grab any books because he didn't bother to bring any. He walks to the canteen area, dreading every second of it because he knew he had to face his friends, and worse of all, JJ's piece of meat for the next few weeks Sarah.

He walked down the hallway alone, Josh or JJ weren't in his History class, Harry was, but he hadn't been here all day, he had stuff going on with his parents so that was understandable. Plus he had to look after his little siblings while the whole parent fiasco was being worked out, he deserved to take that day off.

He walked into the canteen, locking eyes with his table as he walks over, he sits down on his spot, on the other side of the table JJ and Sarah are sitting there, Josh hadn't arrived yet. He felt awkward as he sat on the table with nothing to eat. JJ looked at him wi a raised eyebrow as he looks around for his friends food. "Yo Simon, are you going to eat anything?" He asks. "I forgot to pack lunch this morning, we were in a bit of a rush." He responds.

JJ fumbles around in his pocket, he pulls out his wallet and takes out a 10 pound note, he tries to hand it over to Simon, the money crinkled up in his fingers, Simon shakes his head and pushes the money away. "It's cool man, you don't have to pay me back, just buy yourself something to eat from the canteen." He says. "Nah, I'm not hungry, I promise." He replies. "Are you 100 percent sure, the school does have some nice food there, why don't you buy something for once, you never buy yourself something." "JJ leave it! I'm not hungry." Simon grits his teeth.

JJ was about to argue back when Sarah raises his hand down and looks at him. "He's not hungry JJ. Just leave him alone." She says, looking at Simon and giving him a smile, but he doesn't smile back. He taps on the table as he hears a thud behind him and Josh sits close to him, in the middle of JJ and Simon. "Hello everybody." He grins. "What got into you." JJ asks.

"Nothing. Let's just say I pissed of our drama teacher." He smirks. "What did you do?" Simon asks. "Wrote a few 'special messages' on the board." JJ starts to laugh as he pats his friend on the shoulder. "What's into you Simon, you seem off lately." JJ asks. "I'm fine." Simon retaliates.

"Not eating today Simon," Josh asks. Simon looks at him and narrows his eyes. "If your going to do the whole you should get something to eat then forget it, I've already had JJ lecture me and I don't want it from you, I'm not hungry alright, can you live with that." He snarls. Josh looks over to JJ and he just shrugs. "You skip a lot of meals Simon, we are friends, and you should eat." JJ says.

"Look at all this delicious food." Josh adds as he pulls out his chocolate muffin and sand which from his backpack. "Yes those foods are good, but I'm not hungry." He states, once again, for what seemed in his mind like the 100th time. "You know, by the way you look and eat, it seems like you have an eating disorder." He jokes. Simon didn't find the funny side as he clamped his lips together and tapped on the table even more.

"Simon are you ok?" Sarah asks. He looks at her weirdly. "Don't talk to me." He says. "I'm sorry you just look upset and I..." "Stop being a dick Simon!" JJ says. "Whatever, I'm gonna go alright, see ya guys later." He says, his friends look at him as he walks away and goes to his locker, grabbing his bag as he goes to the back of the school. The gates are locked but he throws his bag over and climbs onto the tree that's near the fence and scales over, falling to the ground as he picks his bag up and walks away, he noticed a few kids from younger years look at him in surprise at how he didn't give a fuck that he just left school early.

He walks to the only place he wanted to now. Harry's.

Harry wasn't home, Harry was sitting in a hospital room watching his mother sleeping peacefully, it only just hit him that his mothers injuries were so severe, and when she woke up. No if, just when. When she woke up, the emotional pain would be so much worse than the physical. Physical pain doesn't compare to emotional. Emotional can ruin you forever, and it must suck that she will wake up to memories of her husband beating her up.

He looks over to Rosie and Josh, both sitting their in silence looking over at their mum. "I hope she's ok." Rosie says. "She will be ok, I know she will be ok. I promise." "Don't make promises you can't keep Harry." She says. "Sorry." He apologises. "But mum's strong, she'll wake up, she'll be fine. And when she wakes up, I'll make sure I spend so much time with her, to make up for whatever she lost from me when I was younger."

"We should go." Harry says after a minute or two of silence. They all stand up and walk out of the hospital.

"Is our life falling apart." Josh asks.

"No."

Yes.