32

Another week had just past, another week to begin. Harry had been woken up way to early to function this morning, his eyes opened at 4 am, it was still dark outside.

He got out of bed, trying to stay as quiet as possible in fear that Rosie or Josh might wake up from any subtle movements, he opened his bedroom door and crept out, he walked to the door of Josh's room, when opening he heard Josh move around in his sleep, but he was still knocked out, he walks over to his desk grabbing his alarm clock and turning it off. He walked out closing the door.

Next was Rosie, too bad she wasn't asleep, he opened the door and Rosie was on her laptop with her headphones in, she looked up at her brother weirded out why he was here, she took her headphones out of her ears and stopped whatever she was doing.

"What are you doing here Harry!" She whispers, trying not to disturb a tired Josh next door. "I was hoping to be asleep so I could turn off your alarm." "Why would you want to turn off my alarm?" She asks. "I'm giving you guys the day off tomorrow ok." He says. Rosie smiles. "Have I ever told you that your the best brother ever." "It's not going to be a regular thing while mum and dad are away ok? And no, you've never mentioned me being the best brother ever, of I wee you though, I'd say that more often." He smiles.

She grabs her phone and turns her alarm off. "You should really go to bed Rosie, you'll be tired in the morning." He says. "Well I can sleep in now," she smiles. "True, but in the afternoon we will be going to the hospital to see mum, so be up by 1 at least." He says sternly." "Sure, now you should go to bed." She says. "Not tired." He grumbles. He walks to the door and shuts it behind him, she waves and when the door is shut, he hears her going back to whatever she was doing on her laptop, typing away.

He walks down the stairs, opting to have something to eat, he grabs out a bowl and pours himself some cereal, placing it down on the coffee table as he swiftly takes the remote and turns on the to, flicking through the endless channels of boring crap that he didn't want to watch.

He finally found the Simpsons, choosing that since it was the only good thing on television, even though he had seen this episode so many times he could recite many lines before they were even spoken by the characters, his eyes flicker to the door, hearing a noise, there was nothing there, but it scared him.

He walked over to the window and looked out, he saw nothing but the open road and the houses that kept his house company in the street, he checked over the other side and the same thing applied, however, he shut the blinds so his eyes didn't get distracted by whatever wasn't happening out there.

He opens the box near the cabinet full of spare comfy blankets that his parents keep for cuddling up in when on the couch for cold British days, he wraps himself up and he lays his head on the arm of the chair, feeling complete, he grabs his bowl of cereal and munches down on it.

It was boring to say the least, doing such an ordinary task that everyone around the world finds them self doing, he knows he should be in bed, but what else can he do. He racks his mind as he puts down his bowl and grabs out his phone, scrolling through his messages. He finds his ideal contact.

Simon.

Harry - I know your asleep right now but if you aren't I'm bored so do you wanna talk

Harry - I'm so sorry if I'm bothering you Si but I'm incredibly bored right now and I'm lonely in the lounge room

Harry - I see that your asleep right now, I hope you have a really good nights sleep

Harry - why am I bothering, your asleep and you won't read these.

He puts down his phone watching as the adverts run through, boring ad after boring ad, in the corner of his eye he sees his front screen light up on his phone, taking it in his hands, he swipes over to see that Simon had replied to his messages. He smiled feeling happy that he wasn't the only one awake at this time. But it did leave him to wander why Simon was still awake at this time in the morning in the first place, did he go to sleep at a reasonable time.

Si - I'm awake, don't worry you didn't disturb me

Harry - What are you doing????

Si - nothin

Harry - yeah right what are you doing??????

Si - what's with all the question marks

Harry - what's with the avoiding of my question

Si - seriously I stg I wasn't doing anything you need to know about

Harry - I'm just curious ok

Si - whatever

Harry - are you mad

Harry - Simon please don't tell me this is really what's going to be going on from now on

Harry - I don't understand what I did wrong, I was just asking what you were doing

Harry - it's none of my business I get it

Harry - I'm sorry

Harry - Simon?

No fucking reply. He wanted a reply, at least one just saying that he was ok, something that would justify everything and make it better.

Si - don't be

Harry - maybe I shouldn't have asked

Si - no don't worry about me you have all right

Harry - what's going on with you at the moment, you were fine earlier when we hung out

Si - maybe this isn't the time

Si - but we will need to talk.

Harry looked at his phone waiting for Simon to type more, what in earth did they need to talk about, why was Simon acting so serious all of a sudden, he didn't like it.

Harry - what's up?!????

Harry - don't leave me in suspense, why are you doing this?????

2 minutes past.

4:43 nothing

4:51 nothing

4:57 nothing

5:02 nothing

5:03 nothing

5:05 nothing

5:09 something.

One small message from Simon was enough to make Harry jump off his seat, but when he read it, he frowned, what had happened, what had gone on.

Si - I'm so fucking sorry