43

Simon and Vik were standing at the door, waiting for Ethan to answer, he was sun sure wether Ethan would be happy or confused to see him, or both, even though when they last spoke they said they were going to keep in touch, the two of them meant it, they wanted too, but the both of them just were too wrapped up in their own lives to bother trying to reach out to one another, sometimes it's just easier to stay in the bubble you have gotten used to and belong in, instead or running off and moving around.

The door opens to Ethan, he sees Vik first, smiling until he looks over at the tall blonde he knows all to well. His mouth drops open a little and Vik laughs awkwardly, he knew the two knew each other but didn't know the full backstory, he didn't know about all the fun they used to have back at their old school when they were younger, the things they did, disregarding wether what they decided to do that day was either good or bad, it was still old memories that they both cherished in their hearts.

"Well hello their Simon, didn't expect to be seeing you here," Ethan laughs, he lets the two of them in, Vik already knowing the way walks past the lounge room and goes up the stairs, Ethan's mum was intently watching something that was on the television to notice Simon. Ethan clears his throat, not getting her attention. "Mum!" He shouts, his mum jumps back started.

She pauses the show she's watching and looks over to Ethan angrily. "What do you want?" She asks. He points to Simon. She looks over and smiles when she sees him, she gets up from the couch and runs Iberia giving Simon a hug. Simon awkwardly hugs back, his mum was a lot smaller than Simon. Plus he was never good with family hugs, and Ethan's mum always loved to hug people.

"How are you?" She asks. Wanting to know everything going on, it had been a while. And Ethan's mum was the type to get involved in their lives, always wanting to know every minimal detail of what they were doing. She cared for the gossip, which sometimes wasn't the best, when the two went off on mischief missions they always had to lie what they were doing, for example when they were deflating the tires of their old principles car, they lied and said they were going to get some food from the shops.

"Mum he's here to hang out with me not you! We are going upstairs!" He says, pulling Simon upstairs, Vik jogs up the stairs. Even though his mum was nice he was quite thankful he had been pulled away from that situation because he was always so awkward with talking to older people, especially other people's parent, he will hate the day he meets Harrys parents, but he pushed that thought back in his mind.

They Allee all the way to the top floor. Where Ethan's bedroom was located, the room being at the top of the house, the walls were slanted on different angles. His room was painted a dark grey, a bed near the corner. He had a window near his bed and a skylight which had been covered by a sheet. Simon laughed at his attempt to stop the light from coming through. "Oi don't laugh Simon, I tried at least!" Ethan laughs.

Vik sits down on the floor, leaning against the bed, Ethan slumps over in his beanbag facing the television on the wall, Simon sits down on the floor near Vik, Ethan facing directly opposite him. Simon twiddled his thumbs together as Ethan looks around the room. "Wanna play a board game?" He asks. Simon raises the eyebrow as he spots the big stack of board games under his bed.

Ethan grabs out a pack of Uno cards and Simons eyes widen. The two of them always used to play bingo. Especially with the other guys, it was always so fun, especially because they all got so competitive on such a simple game. People would be surprised if they heard the amount of times the group had fights and rages about it. Once JJ left early be used he was just so frustrated, of course the boys just laughed at his little childish tantrum, but actually became worried when he didn't return a few seconds later, and the found out he was serious.

They get their cards each as the sit in a triangle. Vik looks at his cards and smiles. Simons cards were shit. And he had no idea what Ethan had, Ethan put down a two, and Simon put down another two he had in a different colour.

The game lasted a while, but eventually Vik one and was very happy about it, jumping up in the air with excitement. The two of them moved on and played different games, they played snap, and Simon was actually really good at it, he had fast reflexes, Vik and Ethan were terrible. But Vik didn't seem to keen about this game, not wanting to play it in the first place. Then they played monopoly, a fun but tiring game. It lasted a long while. And by the end of it Vik was falling asleep.

The game ended with Ethan winning, not something that usually happened, Vik was deep in a slumber, Ethan lifted him onto the bed. "You and Vik are close," Simon motions. "Yeah, Vik is my best mate, nothing is going on between us, I know that's what your thinking." Ethan laughs quietly. "I should go." Simon says, he goes to the door. "See ya soon Simon," he says. "Yeah of course, tell Vik when he wakes up I said goodbye, Vik's a nice guy." He smiles.

He closes the door as he walks downstairs and out the front door. The day had been a change from his usual. He just hung out with his old friend, not much to it really, a simple day of playing board games and there was no real worry, nothing happened between them, just a fun day with Ethan his old mate, and Vik, his new mate.

Simon went home, leaving a house that was so nice, to a house that was so dull.

"Hey Simon,"Josh says as he walks down the stairs. "Hey, where are you going?" He asks. "Seeing the girlfriend." He says, quickly putting on his shoes as he rushes out the door. "Goodbye then," Simon mumbles under his breathe as he goes to his room, collapsing on his bed as he falls asleep.