23

Rosie looked up at her big brother, she was shocked, and Josh was also. They hadn't hurt him speak in years, and for him to say that so casually, was like music to their ears.

Rosie, still couldn't comprehend what was happening, as she let go of her big brother and took s few steps backwards, staring at him like he had grown an extra head right then and there. Her eyes were wide open and her jaw was dangling so low it might as well have hit the ground.

Josh was confused, he was still young, and he had no idea what to do with this. Harry looked at both of them.

"Harry!" Rosie smiled, she came in for another hug, this time this hug was more passionate, the most friendly hug they have ever had, properly the most closest sibling contact they've ever had, which was strange, as Harry was nearly an adult, had he really wasted all this time not being close with his siblings.

Harry let go of Rosie, and he remembered what he had run all this way, from Zoe's house, which was somewhat of a far distance, to talk about, why had Rosie texted him.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Mum's in hospital, dad, well.... Dad hurt her, it was, it was really really bad, and I don't know. I don't know if she will, if she will be ok," Rosie cried.

His heart dropped. His poor siblings, they had seen it all, and what did he do? He was the oldest. He should care for them more than himself, he should always make sure they get the best, why, it was all his fault. He saw the start of the argument, yet he decided to be the wimp. The wimp he always is when bad stuff happened.

He ignores it and stays silent.

Fuck sakes?

His mind flooded with different thoughts? The worse one of all. What would his life been if he had never of stopped talking, what would of happened if he had spoken?

He started to break down, he sat down on the curb, breathing heavily, he could think properly, his mind was racing a mile and he couldn't keep up, he was shaking. He started to cry, he was having a panic attack.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

The policeman came over, and looked at Harry, he tried to calm him down, and luckily, after about 10 minutes of word vomit, constant crying and rocking, he managed to stop, and get control of himself again, or well. Sort of.

"Are you ok Mr Lewis?" The policeman asks.

"Call me Harry," he replies, but also nods his head, to respond to the whole are you ok question. He doesn't even process the fact that they knew his name, properly some thing that they asked his father, where was his father?

No, fuck his father, he doesn't care about his ass right now. He cares about his mum. The one who is suffering painfully right now.

He turns back to Rosie, "Where is mum?" He asks.

"Hospital," she replies.

"Let's go."

The three go to walk to the hospital. One of the policeman he hadn't seen before, offered them a lift, to which the politely agreed to. As Harry hadn't started to drive yet, he really should start learning. But he never had the confidence to, and never bothered to ask his parents that he wanted to start to learn, plus walking was a healthy exercise that he did, it helped him burn off fat, even though he didn't need to burn off any fat.

He thought he had fat, he didn't.

They arrived outside the hospital and they all got out, the hospital was a depressing place, he could hear the coughs and saw all the people waiting impatiently, he saw doctors and other family members trying to comfort people who were in full stage of tears. He saw doctors running past frantically.

He walked up to the front desk, with his two siblings behind him, and requested a visit with his mother, he asked for her, and the women gave them a number of the room, and which corridor and floor it was on, since it was a few floors up, they had to take the stairs.

They three started to walk down the corridor, and they were all nervous, but he had made up his mind, he was going to talk to his mother.

They three reached the door number, and walked in, and there was his mother, in a condition wi H was worse than he had originally thought, her face was bruised and scared, when Rosie had told him about it, he didn't think his dad could be this violent to someone that he so called loved.

How could he do this is?

He sat down on the chair next to her bed, she looked lifeless, he didn't no what was going in, as the tubes and sings all around her were to much for Harry's dumb brain to understand, but he hoped she was just sleeping peacefully. And that she would wake up from this all.

But what happens then?

She will wake up and see Harry and he will feel the guilt of not being there to help. And she will be in distraught for the fact that she has just been abused by her father.

The doctors walk in, and when they glance at the three. She smiles sadly at them.

"How is she?" Josh asks.

"Not very good I'm afraid, but we hope she wakes up," she smiles, she walked back out, and Harry feels the deep knot in his throat, he needs to get some air.

"I'll be right back, I'll also get us some sandwiches from the vending machine, but I need some freak air, Rosie, text m if anything happens ok?" He says.

He gets up from his chair as Rosie nods, he opens the door, opening up to see a women getting pushed faster into another room by a stretcher.

He walks back down the stairs and out of the hospital into the parking lot where he needs to take a breath. He smells smoke, and he coughs, he hated smoke.

He looks to his left, the smoker is standing there, in the parking lot with his smoke in his mouth and his alcohol in his hand, he is crying.

And the smoker is Simon.