58

a / n - a huge thank you from the bottom of my heart on 20K reads, it's honestly insane to me and it blows my mind that people actually enjoy my crappy writing, I want to hug each one of you for being so kind to vote, comment, share or even just read the story. You guys are mental!

They two parted their ways a few hours later, the weather shifted, the breeze coming in stronger, the weather more crisp at such a high level, the two sneaked their way out, Simon on the lookout for his father, not wanting to face the man after his disappearance, sometimes he wanted so badly to go back to him, but the anger still resided in him for how he left his son to salvage for himself.

The main streets now crowded with after school students made it impossible for Simon to walk Harry home, a slight hint of guilt for leaving their departure so late but Harry insisted it was fine and that Simon should go home before his friends started to worry of his missing. They shared a short, simply kiss that lacked energy, but both felt content with just that.

Harry made his way into town, into the bright side, he turned round once again, Simon not daring to start to walk until he saw that Harry had made his way around the corner, now out of his eye of view, when he did in fact leave his vision, he sighs, his shoulders falling gloomily like the impounding loneliness had arisen once again.

The state of being on the ground was a state that was so boring, so numbing, so risk free that it felt like he was just another small ant in a world to big for him to conquer, he pushed the thoughts away, the detrimental thinking only doing harm to his body.

His stomach rumbled as he made his way home, walking down his 'welcoming' area, passing the houses that hadn't been touched in years, the ones to damage to fix, this part of town was known as a tip, he lived in trash, he lived like trash.

The familiar block of land Josh's mother owned was known in his ray of sight, he walks over, the fence being blown down onto the overgrown grass and weeds, the vines on the bricks, the glass windows imprinted with scrubby finger marks, he opened the front door, the familiar sound of two loud roommates right above his head.

The door shut behind him, his slim body making it up the stairs only just, his bones so frail and he lacked the motive to do anything right now after his big adventure, maybe his problems would be the death of him, but the addiction to starving your body until blackness was a task he had grown on him the past few years. His body didn't seem like one to cherish anymore, but one to throw away and manipulate into total destruction.

He makes his way to the bedroom he commonly knew as his own, he falls onto his bed, regaining his breathe as he lies there with his eyes closed shut, hearing the shouts of JJ and the mummers of Josh, his head placed in the pillow, the sheets off to the side of him, his body feeling hot at the moment. He had no will to do anything, his phone was turned off, the urge to smoke a cigarette wasn't looming over his head, yet.

The relaxation vanishes when his door opens and his eyes leave their dreamy state, he looks over, turning his head slightly to see Josh their, Josh gives him a weak smile, some concern seeing his friend state, never had he noticed his bad his friend actually looked, that was the moment he noticed his friends pale white complexion, his bones so thin, his body trying to break down fat that wasn't there.

Josh calls in JJ, a confused look from the darker skin boy quickly turned to panic when he saw the boy he had known for years laying on his bed looking so damaged.

"Simon, what's been going on?" Josh asks, wanting to know all the answer he had been so desperately wanting to be uncovered after he had found out about Simons hidden sexuality and his whole love triangle mess he had caught himself up with.

Simons lip quivers, not wanting to give in and look like a wimp, he wanted to be strong, wanted to be what the school perceived him as, the hard bully, the name that had been dragged along with him his entire life, one sign of vulnerability and his whole reputation would shatter in an instant.

"I... I'm fine," he splutters, the words only just forming out of his mouth, Josh and JJ weren't dumb enough to fall for that, they walked over, observing Simon's attempts to his his pain he had been dealing with, Simon faces away, not wanting a tear, an emotion to let loose.

"Simon?" Josh edges closer, Simon wanted to snap at him, tell him to get away but he couldn't, he didn't feel like he could.

The sound of his phone pings from beside his bed, even with his tiredness the curiosity gets to him, he looks at his phone, seeing many unread messages from the notorious girl herself, Ashley. He hadn't noticed any messages being sent while with Harry, but the timing matched up.

The last message was the one that got his attention, that she was going to do it, that she had enough of him, he had skipped her once, bet up a guy at school that she was friends with, to which he was unaware of. He had once again ignored her messages and hadn't arrived at 3:30 for plans about the wedding. The minor past details also led her to finally cave into the punishment she had set in place.

So that was it, at 6 o clock the photos would be released, it was only twenty minutes from now, he was to weak to run to her house and beg her, and text messages wouldn't do it. So he accepted his fate of the pictures going online, and he caved in to the emotions, his tears streaming down as his face.

Josh and JJ just watched sadly, as their friend cried harder and harder, they didn't understand his situation at all, both clueless to what Ashley had blackmailed him with, but they both felt huge pain seeing their friend so distraught.

"Why me?" Simon sobs into his pillow, the surface damping due to his tears, the only sound heard was the sound of his cries.  "Why me?"