60

a / n - so this book is coming to a close and i have two new stories that are soon to be released, one is a miniminter story and the other is a josh + freya story. if you have a preference let me know but i am so glad that those will soon be released. :)

Monday. A day typically known as the worst day of the week, a day students dread, a day workers dread, a day that made people groan in agony and made people want to drop out from school or quite their jobs. A day that had an affect on millions of people around the globe, how it would suck to be in Monday's shoes, it gets shat on by the public, named the worst day, Saturday was probably gloating about his victory, awarded the number one spot.

He heard the sound of footsteps edging closer to his bedroom, he sat up, the pain in his back still there, he rubs his eyes, looking over to where Josh stood in the entryway to his room. "Will you be able to function at school today?" Josh asks curiously, scanning his eyes up and down the tall thin frame that belongs to his friend. Simon nods slowly. "My energy will be the least of my problems right now."

"At least this means you can't get into any fights," Josh says, trying to think of a positive outcome to his friends alarms health situation, Simon stands up, reaching for the wall to steady his balance, it feeling like forever since he had gotten out of his bed.

"I managed to hurt Lewis on Monday, if someone tries to push me around, the energy rushes through my body," he stumbles to the doorframe, Josh moving to the side to let his friend past. "But after the adrenaline wears off you'll be feeling like dip shit, so don't pick a fight," Josh warms, Simon rolls his eyes as he walks to the bathroom. "No guarantees."

He points to the cupboard, Josh getting him a towel and placing it on the counter, he closes the door on his way out, Simon stripping down to his bare skin that the world now had full view of, those pictures did so much harm to the boy and the school fails to realise it, that was a few months ago, and his weight had plummeted drastically since then the silver headed boys brain twisted the image, making him think that he had more weight to lose because only a few months ago was he fat.

He wasn't fat, it was a word his mind had tricked him to using and making that word a hatred thing, the word fat was commonly used to an extreme point, the word was thrown around in the sky like the word had no definition, everyone seems to deem themselves as fat, a sad trait that has come along with the new inventions of social media making self conscious kids and teens and even adults, everyone desired the ideal body, including the poor teenager leaning up against the wall of the bathroom close to tears about how his body was so ugly.

The hot water dripped down his neck as he used the soap to freshen himself up, he scrubbed away all the bacteria that lied on his skin the past few days, he washes his silver locks, and he overall enjoys the feeling of the warm droplets of water pouring down his bare skin, falling to the floor and swirling down the drain. The area surrounded him fogged up with the steam, enjoying the sauna like space that was created in just a shower cubicle.

He turns off the tap, the cold feeling returning once again as he steps out, his body dripping, he wraps the fluffy towel around his body, drying himself down, the mirror starts to clear up, greeted with his image once again, the image that he couldn't seem to get out of his mind right now, the image that would destroy him.

He saw his face, he saw his acne, he saw his hair when it was let loose to fall down his face, he saw his chest, he saw his arms, he saw his legs, he saw his whole entire body and he hated it, he hated everything to do with himself from the outside, and with all the stupid mess that floated inside his brain, he had started to hate the inside of himself too.

Fat. Ugly. Fat. Ugly. He saw fat, and he viewed himself as ugly.

He dressed in baggy clothes, wearing a large hoodie and sweatpants to hide his body, he leaves the bathroom, grabbing his bag from his room and walking downstairs to where JJ had prepared all of them breakfast, Josh's mum had gone ' out of town' for a few weeks, saying that she was visiting an old friend, only Simon knew the truth behind her spontaneous trip away, but Josh was still unclear to his mums new ' friend ' .

Simon was directed onto the seat, the plate of toast pushed towards him, he looks at it sulkily, he had been trying the last couple of days to keep his friends hopeful for a recovery, giving into their food demands and eating some of the snacks they provided him. He was so lucky to have friends who cared for him as much as JJ and Josh did, friends that could be so jokey and fun but became great helpers in time of need.

"Eat up buddy, long day," JJ says, taking a massive bite of of his toast, the jam spreading across his lips, the sight making Simon feel uneasy, he takes a small fragment of toast into his mouth, trying to chew on the food, he smiles at them both, the two of them looking at him with massive grins, proud their friend was at least taking a bite.

Baby steps, the boys were working in baby steps.

Simon didn't eat much, he nearly finished half a side of the toast before giving up, the boys wished they had seen more progress, but they let it slide, disposing of the plates into the sink, the three got their final stuff together and headed out side. Josh's mother was considerate enough to leave the car there, while the boys didn't have their licence, they risked it in order for a speedier, easy route to school.

Simon looked out the window as they made their drive to a dreaded land that Simon was scared of, he bit his lip, looking at the people they passed and their expression, most seemed happy with themselves.

They passed the hospital, Simon frowning at the thought of his mother in their, his failed attempt in trying to reconnect with her, maybe that plan was flawed before he had tried.

He shut his eyes after that, letting himself drift off before the doom came crashing down on him.