chap. two

Luke.

Here I was, trying to convince my arrogant cousin to come have lunch with me. It's bad enough we were all cramped up in the mansion our parents saved us, along with these huge inheritances. So far, Woody is the only one who's been spending his money like there was no tomorrow.

He could be trying to get his own place with that money, and he's throwing random parties without our permission and buying materialistic shit.

Keith DeVoe is being stubborn as hell. I don't know what he had on his mind. He's always grouchy and rude. You can't even tell this man 'Good morning' without him making a rude remark or staring you down.

That's part of the reason I wanted to spend alone time with him. I also wanted to discuss some things with Keith that he wouldn't share with the others. Maybe he will open up to me.

   "You comin', or what? I don't have all day." I stood in the doorframe of Keith's 'man cave', better known as his bedroom. I found it very corny of him to give his own damn bedroom a nickname.

"Go by yourself. Or ask Elijah. I'm sure he'll go with you. Make a sandwich or something if he says no." Keith spat.

    "What the fuck is up withchu Keith? You been acting like a lil' bitch alot lately. Is there anything you have to get off your chest?" I sat on his bed.

Keith had his back turned, and so did I. We were talking without eye contact.

"This shit looks hella gay." Woody barged in.

     "Woody, why don't you take your favorite cousin to lunch? For some reason he thinks I'm stepping out in the rain." Keith laughed bitterly.

  "Keith is being an asshole today. Same ole Keith. Do we need to take you to a psychologist or therapist so you can air out your feelings?" I chuckled, knowing that would piss him off.

     "I ain't crazy Lucas." Keith confirmed. "I'm just-I'm worried about Dad."

"Wassup with Uncle Ronnie?" Woody asked.

"He keeps telling me he and the rest of them have a surprise for us, but he won't tell me what it is." Keith whined.

   "Pussy." Woody laughed and pointed a finger in Keith's face.

"I'm think that's why it's called a surprise, Keith." I pointed out.

Woody clapped his hands sarcastically, "Wow! Keith is a genius. Even an unborn baby would've caught on."

  "Your attempts are annoying. If you wanna be a comedian, step your game up. I'm not impressed by what I'm witnessing now." Keith mocked Woody.

"Neither of us are shit, honestly." I groaned.

    "Don't talk like that." Woody said.

Woody wanted to become a comedian. That explains all the videos on his Instagram account. He wasn't funny, yet he was.

  "At least we made you smile for five minutes. You comin' with me or not?" I offered one last time.