chap. nine

Second Generation New Edition

Luke found himself with the help of Keith finding as many cardboard boxes he could. He couldn't take this anymore. He had to move out of this cramped mansion, especially with a baby on the way.

"Why are we looking for boxes again?" Keith asked.

"I'm moving out in a few months, and I'm about to start looking for condos and penthouses." Luke said.

"For real?" Keith gasped.

"It's time. I can't be living off my father for the rest of my life. It's time for me to start handling sh*t on my own." Woody picked up a dusty boxes in the storage room. "Found one."

"It would be easier if we just go out and get some ourselves. That's probably the one box you gonna find in the house." Keith said.

"You right. Let's get outta here, it smells like Woody's feet." Luke scrunched his nose up.

Keith laughed, "It really does smell ba-"

"Born into fame...." Algee trailed off as he typed away on his MacBook.

"What you doing?" Luke whistled.

"Writing my book." Algee said, still focused on his laptop.

"That's dope of you to write a book about your life. Our lives." Keith complimented.

"Yea, the people need to get to know us a little better." Algee sighed. "Why were ya'll in that nasty a** storage room?"

"Searching for empty boxes so I can begin packing up my sh*t. I'm moving out in a few months or so." Luke said.

"What? You moving? Why?"

"It's time man." Luke sighed. "I got a ba--a bunch of things going on and I need some space." Luke sighed in relief, thankful he didn't slip up and tell them about the pregnancy.

"I don't blame you. You know I was thinking about leaving soon too, but my timing is all off." Algee said.

Luke and Keith nodded, understanding where Algee was coming from. All six men were making their own money, but only two were ready to move out and be on their own. They can't depend on their parents for everything all the time.

"Luke if anybody in this house is making the most money, it's you. I'm surprised you ain't ready to move out. You can pay your own rent without help from Uncle Ronnie." Luke said.

"My timing is off as well." Keith stated dryly.

"From boys to men." Algee laughed and typed. "Boys to men."

"Love your song references bro. Ooh, speaking of songs, when is this performance?" Keith asked.

"In two more days, which means we need to be rehearsing like last week." Luke said seriously.

"Really? Is is that serious? Why don't we just go out there and kill it like you'd normally do when you perform and open mic nights?" Keith asked.

"Keith this isn't kiddie talent shows our Dads used to do before they became a big deal. This is some real sh*t. He's paying us fifty grand! I don't know about ya'll, but I'm trying to make sure this guy gets his money worth. Think about it! Wouldn't you want the people you offered fifty thousand dollars to to kill their performance? We've already been discussing forming our own group, mind as well start here." Luke ranted on.