chap. twentytwo

🌸Baby Shower🌸

Elijah: Where are ya'll? Everybody noticed ya'll been gone for two hours.

Keith: Cover for me. We on our way back now.

Elijah: Okay

"Like we needed anything else to be worried about." Elijah stuffed his hands in his pockets and went back to the baby shower.

Algee followed him back in. "So they just left like it was nothing?"

"It ain't that deep. They'll be back. They were arguing, probably went somewhere to talk and let off steam. You know how it is after a breakup and you wind up seeing each other at an event." Elijah said, covering for Keith. He and Keith didn't see eye to eye all the time but he knew why Keith and Amber left.

"Have ya'll spoken to Keith? Shamari is worried sick about those two." Ricky came outside fretting.

"I just texted him. They're on their way back as we speak." Elijah assured his father.

"Good," Ricky laughed. "I know why they snuck out."

"Why?" An evil grin appeared on Algee's face.

"Ain't nothin' like some good ole' make up sex. That's what this was all about. Amber was probably acting up and nephew had to put it down." Ricky laughed.

"Damn Dad! Whatcha' know about all that? Old ass." Elijah laughed.

Algee snickered, "He played you Uncle Slick. You just gonna take that?"

Ricky playfully kneed Elijah in his private parts. Elijah grunted in pain.

"I barely touched you." Ricky said.

"There they go," Algee sang, watching Keith's Jeep pull up and park.

The two of them hopped out with Keith holding hands with Amber.

"We all was about to have some mini heart attacks! Don't scare us like that again." Ricky said.

"Ya'll know damn well ya'll wasn't that worried about us." Keith chuckled.

"On the real, your mom was worried. She didn't notice ya'll left until after everyone else noticed. Don't say I didn't warn you." Elijah said.

As tempted as Ricky, Elijah, and Algee was to ask Keith about the sex, they decided against it. One, Amber was in their presence. Two, Keith most likely wouldn't have shared anyway.

"Look who it is Shamari! Beavis and Butthead!" Ronnie approached, sarcastically and hysterically.

"Oh Ronnie give these kids a break. Is everything alright Amb?" Shamari flicked Keith off, looking straight at Amber.

"Everything is fine!" Amber cheered, smiling at Keith--they smiled at each other.

"Good, now let's go meet the ladies."Shamari took Amber's hand, leading her to the section where majority of the women were. That included Shar and Vanessa.