chap. thirtyseven

'The New Edition Story' Watch Party

Omniscient.
"And I would like make a toast, honoring my boy Chris Robinson, as well as ourselves, New Edition, for being the executive producers. Can't wait for the numbers to come in!" Ronnie DeVoe spoke, raising his glass.

Watch party guests and industry folk clapped, whistled, and cheered, clinking their glasses.

"We also wanna celebrate the release of our album, Three Stripes. Through God, all things are possible. We want to once again thank production, the twenty years it took to make this vision a reality, and the marvelous actors who got the job done. It wasn't easy but they did it." Ricky Bell added.

"Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!" Brooke Payne said. And so the party continued.

"I'm ordering another bottle. Lindsey, you want anything to drink?" Woody softly placed his hand on her thigh.

"I'll have whatever you're drinking." Lindsey said.

"Alright! One bottle, please." Woody ordered.

"Issa celebration! Hey Elijah, you want anything to drink brotha'?" Keith asked.

"Oh no, I'm good. I'll have some sparkling water or cranberry juice. I ain't tryna' have anything heavy tonight." Elijah said, brushing the offer off.

Keith nodded, "Aight bro suit yourself."

Elijah laughed aloud, looking at Mike and Bryshere from across the room. The Bivins boys were finally getting along and speaking. "What's funny?" Keith questioned.

"Get outta here!" Elijah exclaimed as if he couldn't believe it. "Who got Beavis and Butthead back together?"

"Me and that mellow fellow named DeVoe. Enough is enough. We just had to talk some damn sense into those clowns!" Keith laughed.

"I'm proud of them." Elijah sighed, slowing down his laughter.

"Yea, me too. But where you been? All healthy and strong." Keith playfully hit Elijah's scapula.

"Man, I just been chilling. Findin' my peace and gettin' back to work." Elijah said.

Keith nodded his head. "I'm happy you're in a good place right now, Elijah. I really am."

"How's the new almost married life treating you Chief Keef?" Algee walked up surprisingly with Krystal Harris on his arm.

Elijah, Keith, and Woody glanced at eachother, all three men shocked at how fast Algee bounced back. "I knew it." Woody mumbled.

"Algee! Wassup?" Keith got up to hug Algee, then sat back down.

"Hey Krystal." They all said.

"Hi," she waved. Things took a turn for the worst real fast. Shelby could be walking in any minute now.

Algee sat down and indulged in some Champagne. "Every trouble is a bubble in the glass. Ne-Yo said it first!"

Krystal took a seat right next to Algee. Algee's eyes wandered around their little circle, examining everyone's facial expressions. He instantly caught on; they were surprised to see him walk in with another woman. He humped his shoulders nonchalantly. His hands traced along Krystal M. Harris's silky, smooth, caramel thighs.