chap. twelve

The Gill Family

Luke.
After days without speaking, my family and I finally came to our senses and chose to meet up with eachother. My Mom is still upset, of course it would be her, but my Pops wants to lecture me on life, money, and children. I hope all goes well. I'd hate for me and my family not to be on good terms when I have a child on the way.

Today Shar and I are going to go and visit my Mom and Dad. I pray this visit goes well. We need peace within this whole family that way things will be right when my baby arrives.

"Johnny! Lucas is here!" My Mother yelled at my Father from downstairs.

"Coming!" Dad responded. Soon enough, here came, walking downstairs.

Shar and I had gotten comfortable in the living room.

"Hey Lucas. Hello sweetie." He greeted the two of us with hugs and kisses.

"Do ya'll kids need anything to drink or something to eat? I just finished cooking." My Mom smiled. I did miss her cooking. Lately, all I've been getting accustomed to is fast food, food cooked by the staff, and fancy restaurant food. The last home cooked meal I had was at the family reunion.

"Mom we're good. Shar cooked at home." I said.

"Something to drink?" She offered, this time only looking at Shar. She's probably still upset with me.

"Can I please have some water?" Shar asked, smiling.

All Mom did was nod, and then dug through the fridge to find a bottle of Aquafina. Closing the fridge, she joined us in the family room and we jumped directly into it.

"So Shar, how long have you known Lucas?" Dad questioned.

"Two years." Shar looked at me grinning.

"I love the way he looks at you." Mom complimented. "You're a pretty girl."

"Thanks," Said Shar.

"Shar, I'd like to openly apologize on behalf of my wife and I for the way we reacted at dinner. Things have been so crazy and hectic with this family, you wouldn't understand what we've been dealing with. Trust me, that's not how we really are." Dad said sincerely.

"Mr. Johnny, it's ok. I understand. Besides, you had every right to feel the way you felt at the time." Shar said, forgiving.

"I'm sorry too Pops. I shouldn't have brought that up with everyone. Things would've went alot smoother if I would have came to you guys first, then tell the rest of the family after. Tension was too thick and everyone had too much to drink." I sighed.

"Son I've been meaning to ask you this," he started, clearing his throat. When my Dad made this gesture, I knew I was in for a treat. "What in the actual f*ck was going through your head when you went around asking your little cousins to come up with thirty thousand dollars for your sorry ass to move out?!"

"Well, Dad, if you haven't noticed, I'm broke as h*ll. Luckily for us, we earned fifty grand last night performing at a club." I laughed.

"Lucas wipe that stupid smirk off of your face and get serious. This is definitely not a laughing matter. That was pretty embarrassing to have Bryshere, your own cousin put you on blast in front of everyone. I was embarrassed, what about you Vanessa?" He looked at my Mom, who's smile went away and turned into a scowl.