chap. fifteen

Amber is in the mm above.❤

Keith Devoe

Keith paced back and forth around the study, Elijah's office he shared with Algee. Cursing himself, he poured another shot of Whiskey and groaned out loud in frustration, guilt, and sadness. He hated himself for what he did.

For as long as he could remember, his Grandmother taught him everything he needed to know about life and girls as a kid. He could picture the look of hurt and pain on Amber's face now after telling her he cheated with Giselle.

"She's only a photographer. It's nothing serious Keith." He kept on telling himself in the quiet, empty room. The guilt got heavier and heavier, spreading like a cancer.

No matter how many times he quietly made excuses for himself, he couldn't run from it. Keith cheated on Amber and when she finds out, they could be done for good. He vowed not to treat her like her ex did. Cheating was also a form of abuse for Amber. He couldn't see himself telling her, but honesty is the best policy. Eventually he would have to come out. Telling the boys would only make it worse, because soon someone would snitch.

"I love you Amber." He said silently.

He turned his back and knocked over some old papers dating back all the way to 1988, a lawsuit for New Edition. Someone continously knocked on the door. He knew what it was but he'd rather not dig through it.

"Who is it?" Keith spoke up, abruptly picking up the papers.

"It's Bryshere. If you need some alone time I can come back."

"Nah," Keith huffed trying to place everything in place, then ran over to put the Whiskey back. He slid the glass underneath the desk and cleared his throat. "Come on."

"I was about to take a shower and get more clothes until I stopped and heard you in here cussin' yaself out. You got something on your mind? Y'know I'm all ears." Bryshere grimaced.

"Do ya thing. I'm good." Keith pushed it off mentally.

Bryshere ignored it, studying Keith's face and body language. Besides Algee, Bryshere was another smarty pants. He knew all of his cousins and could tell when something wasn't right.

"Wassup witchu?" Bryshere pressed once again.

"I cheated on Amber, ok?" He sighed. "I cheated. I went on a date with Giselle. We had too much wine, and the next thing I know--she led me back to her apartment and we got busy."

"Word? What the f*ck has gotten into you?" Bryshere scolded.

"I know I messed up. I really didn't plan on tellin' anybody, but since I let you in you'll be the first to know." Keith said, pacing again.

"Be a man and tell her what you did. She deserves to find out from you than find out from anyone else." Bryshere coached.

"You don't get it!" Keith flashed.

"Tell me what I don't get! I'd like to know. Inform me Keith." Bryshere folded his arms.

"All that my Grandma taught me. I--I--I promised her that I would never treat a woman the way--I don't know how to put this. I f*cked up. That's all I can say for myself." Keith said, shrugging his shoulders.