chap. sixteen

Sorry if this chapter contains personal stuff. I started to write off the top of my head. ❤

Algee Tresvant, Ralph Tresvant, Shelly Tresvant

Algee rubbed his hands together, crossing one leg over the other and threw his head back. Shelly, his Mother came back back to town for a weekend's visit. With all the drama Shelly caused the family as she was still with Ralph, Algee was hoping he wouldn't have to regret buying his Mom's plane ticket.

"Hey Ma," Algee pulled his Mom into a bear hug.

"Hey son." Shelly kissed Algee on the cheek, hugging him back.

"Where is Ralph?" She asked.

"There he is." Algee looked into the direction of Rizz, who approached.

"Wassup son?" Ralph hugged Algee. "Shelly." Ralph looked at his ex wife.

"Ralph." She gave a simple head nod.

"How are you?" Ralph asked, taking off his hat and coat.

"I've been fine. How about you?" Shelly asked.

"Staying alive. Living, working, handling my business as a Father, being there for my family." Ralph said.

It may seem calm now, but Algee sensed tension already filling the atmosphere. "Dad, Ma, I think it's about time we came to a conclusion with this family drama, and I also want you guys to personally meet my new lady and her daughter." Algee commanded.

"I already met Shelby." Ralph said.

"Her name is Shelby? That's so lovely." Shelly smiled, only happy because Shelby's name was similar to hers.

"I would like for ya'll to meet her away from the other family. Just us. Me, you, Mom, Amber, and my siblings." Algee explains.

Shelly cracks a smile. "I'd love that." She held Algee's hand in hers. "So, son, what family drama are you elaborating on?"

"For starters, it would be nice if you and Dad come together to co-parent and stop all the shade. I was too young to worry about what happened during the divorce, but all I know is this--you and Dad have been at eachother's throats for years and something's gotta give. If Shelby and I get married, and I start having children of my own, I'm not allowing them around this bullsh*t. I apologize for my language, but this is how it's gonna be." Algee stated.

"Son, that divorce--I'm sorry if it hurt you. I know you were still young, so it was kinda difficult for you to fully comprehend or let everything sink in, but your Father really hurt me. He put me through all kinds of h*ll. Enough was enough." Shelly explained to Algee.

"Shelly, save it." Ralph tilts his head sideways with a glare. "Don't feed him this pity party like you do all the time. You had the family angry with me for years because you wanted to play the victim. Algee is a full grown man now, I refuse to let you brainwash him like you've done with the rest of my family."

"Brainwash? Are you kidding me Ralph?" Shelly exclaimed. Damn, it went left fast.

"Mom, don't start all that yelling. We are all adults. Please talk using your inside voices." Algee said, trying to tone his Mother down.