chap. twentyfive

I'm gonna update this book soon, like change the cover and chapter titles, etc..

Woody.

Yesterday had to be the worst day. I damn near shitted on myself the whole ride to the hospital. But, I'm not surprised, things like this happen all the time. Only this time it went too far, alcohol was involved, and my uncle got in a car accident.

I made plans to visit uncle Ricky later on. I don't wanna be around with other people. I'd rather have a one on one, even though they said he could be discharged any minute now.

I stood Lindsey up. She was waiting for me and I didn't show up. I was hesitant about calling her because I had no clue how she would react. Lately, I've been sending her texts and she just leaves me on read.

Keith walked in with Bryshere behind him. I slipped my phone in the pocket of my joggers. "What's good?"

"I'm in love with a woman named Amber. That's what's good." Keith bragged.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes.

"What happened to that double date? I thought you met a girl."

"I stood her up. I think I hurt her feelings because she isn't responding to any of my texts or calls. This situation with uncle Ricky popped up, what does she expect?" I put my hand on my hip.

"I mean, it's not like she actually knows what's going on. But I can't give you much advice on that. Maybe it wasn't meant to be." Keith said.

"I don't know about ya'll, but I've been stressing. I think I need some therapy." Bryshere ran his hand over his head.

"We all do. The whole family. We deserve one big yoga session." I said in agreeance.

"I'm trying to figure out my next move. My life is getting more boring day by day." Bryshere told us.

"Mine too. I only see my girl when she flies out here or if I go out there. Other than that, I'm stuck with facetime. How is that going to help? I need the real thing." Keith complained.

"I didn't ask about your personal life." I barked.

"Well damn! My bad for tryin' to hold conversation with you. You ain't got nothin' betta to do with yourself, that's why we came here."

"Ya'll ain't got no work to do man?" I questioned. I know Empire was working on their new season, and Keith was doing a show called 'Famous In Love' they have too much time on their hands to pop up on me.

"Today's an off day for me." I said. "I'm chilling. I might go see Uncle Ricky later, but for now I'm just chilling."

Algee.

I pulled up to the crib for the first time in months. Felt like forever since I've been to this place. I'm ready to let it all go. They should be ready too. This place was for our fathers way back in 1988. This mansion was apart of our 'inheritance', as my father Rizz would call it.

I walked in, shocked the door was unlocked. Woody must have been home all day.

"Surprise surprise!" Woody exclaimed.