chap. twentyseven

Luke.

All I could do was thank God for allowing my first born to arrive safely. As everyone cooed and admired the moment Shar & I shared, a tear slipped from my eye.

"Don't tell me yo ass is crying." Keith came stand next to me and patted my shoulder.

"Knock knock!" Uncle Ricky and Amy walked in with flowers and a gift.

"Hey," Everybody greeted in indistinct chatter.
I saw Elijah's smile fade away. I cleared my throat and gave him a look as if I didn't want any drama to pop off. We're all celebrating a new addition to our family, no one came here to fight.

"Wassup Uncle Slick? Good to see you all healthy and strong again. How you been?" Woody hugged our uncle.

"Taking it day by day nephew. I'm just grateful I got through all that." Ricky chuckled.

"Congratulations." Amy hugged Shar. "Got her some gifts. I hope you guys enjoy it."

"Hey dad. Amy." Elijah nodded in their direction.

"Hello son." Ricky smiled.

"Hey Elijah." Amy cheesed. I could personally feel the tension they still had, so I was hoping we could continue to admire the baby's arrival rather than arguing over nothing.

"Thank God she takes after Shar and your mom a little bit. You ugly as fuck." Woody said poking fun at my looks.

"Boy please. I know you ain't talking. I look way better than all of you. I pulled the finest girl." I chuckled.

The boys laughed. For the first time in a while, we were finally having a peaceful family moment and I felt like nothing could ruin it.

"Let me see little precious." Shamari took the baby away from Shar. "Johnny let me sit down."

"Keith you think you ready to give us some grand babies?" Uncle Ronnie wrapped his arm around Keith's shoulder.

Keith smiled and looked down, "Amber and I have a long way to go before we even think about a baby, and you know she's not having babies for me until I marry her."

"Well you broke her virginity during 'make up sex'. If you can do that, you're capable of anything brotha'." Luke said.

"Asshole." Keith rolled his eyes. "Stop making it seem like I took advantage of her. I was just as emotional as she was. The sex part is my business. I don't question ya'll on ya'll sex lives."

"Don't get ya panties all tied up. We all knew why ya'll left the baby shower so early. That wasn't make up sex, that was angry sex. I saw the way you grabbed her thighs and shit."

"I'm sick of hearing this. Keith, I must say it was weird the way you pulled it off but at least you got your girl back." Johnny laughed.

"Pops, you know you're just as much of a freak as anyone else in the room." Luke said.

"This whole family is freaky. Uncle Ron almost slipped up and showed us Aunt Shamari's nudes before." Woody said.

"Don't bring my parents into this." Keith hissed.

"I'm kidding man, damn...."

"I thought you deleted those." Shamari whispered to Uncle Ron.

"Ma, what?!" Keith exclaimed. Out of nowhere, Callie started wailing. Shamari rocked the baby in her arms.

"Boy shut up, I'm grown."

"Man hell naw!" Keith groaned. "Ya'll ruined my day."

"Let's drop this subject. That's how I became a mother in the first place." Shar said.