chap. twentythree

Shelby and Algee

"Shar is due in three weeks." Shelby said, joining Algee back in the bed. Social media was Shelby's best friend. Social media is pointless to most people, but since Shelby is so hard at work, that's the only way she stays updated with her friends.

"Good for them." Algee said dryly.

"What's the matter?" Shelby stroked his chin hair.

"I don't care anymore." Algee said as he laid on Shelby's chest like a baby.

"Don't care about what?" Shelby asked. She knew he was feeling some type of way because Luke was having a kid. Everyone was happy about this new addition except for him. He felt some type of way because he could've been a Father.

"Shelby, you know why." Algee sighed.

"You want a kid too right? I can't be mad at you for feeling that way. Sometimes we can't control what life throws our way."

"Shelby you don't get it. That could've been me having the baby. I want a child of my own. My whole childhood was taken away from me, and when I had the chance to be a Father, she just had to go out there and kill my seed." Algee cried.

"We're in our twenties Algee. We got all the time in the world to have kids together, the timing isn't right." Shelby said.

"Why don't we start now?" Algee looked at her with a wet face.

"You only want a kid now because Luke is having a baby and you're jealous because you wish it was you. I don't want you and your cousin in competition over children." Shelby fussed.

"I want you to be the mother of my future children. We are gonna stay together forever, aight? I'm not leaving you." Algee said.

Shelby laughed, "So you're feeling better now?"

"Yes. I'm feeling better." He kissed one of her boobs and jumped for joy.

The Bell Family

"Son come downstairs! Amy!" Ricky entered the Bell family home, yelling.

"Ricky what is all this yelling about?" Amy stomped downstairs with her hands on her hip.

"I wanna talk to my wife and my son. Have a seat Amy. Elijah! I'm not gonna call you again boy!"

Elijah came downstairs with his headphones in, listening to beats he and Bryshere came up with.

"Hey son--who is this? Is she a friend of yours?" Ricky questioned Elijah as a mocha toned woman followed Elijah downstairs in black lace panties and one of Elijah's oversized tees.

"Excuse me darling, who are you?" Amy asked the girl.

"Naomi." Answered the woman shyly.

"I'm Elijah's step mother, Amy. This is my husband Ricardo, or Ricky Bell. Well I'm sure you know of him already, what are you doing in our home?" Amy cleared her throat.

Ricky was disgusted and barely made eye contact with the mystery woman, "Elijah, I believe my wife and I asked you a question. As long as you lay your raggedy, lazy, selfish ass in this house we have a right to know everything that goes on in here. Now who is she?"