chap. twentfour

New Edition and Family
Hospital

"No pictures right now, please." Bobby waved at the people snapping pictures while he and the remainder of the family followed him inside the hospital.

"Family of Ricardo Bell." Amy rushed to the front desk with heavy breathing and puffy, bloodshot eyes.

"Are you the wife?" Asked the nurse.

"Yes." Amy nodded.

"We'll have to seat everyone in a private waiting room until the doctor comes to see you." The frail nurse said.

"Ma'am you don't understand. His son, Elijah isn't here yet. We all met here as soon as we could. Just give us the room number." Ronnie panicked.

Bryshere knocked a few items off the desk, yelling, "That's my mother fucking uncle fighting for his life in a hospital bed, and you're gonna sit here and tell us to wait? Do you know who the fuck we are?!"

Mike pulled his son back, "Son throwing a tantrum won't help. Let's go get some cool air."

"She got her fucking nerve trynna tell us to wait like we're some regular people. Give me the fucking room number now." Bryshere said in a dark, deep tone.

"I'm going to have to ask this young man to leave the premises." The security guard approached.

"Get ya hands off of him. This is my son. I'm the only one who has the right to touch him." Mike said.

"Ok," the guard held his hands up in surrender. "He can stay, but he'll need to keep it down."

"Let's go to the waiting room." Shamari instructed as the family followed her.

They all entered the 'private' waiting room only to see Elijah sitting down looking like he's had a rough day.

"You ungrateful piece of shit! I should knock your ass out!" Amy charged at Elijah.

"You came into our lives messing everything up!" Elijah yelled.

Shamari and Shelby pulled Amy to the side. Vanessa crossed her arms and sighed, taking a seat.

"I forgot to check on my babies." Luke dialed Shar. "I'm gonna step outside."

Keith sat in between his parents, Tasha followed Luke out. Algee and Ralph hid in the corner.

Johnny and Mike stepped out and held a conversation in the hallway. Bobby stayed in the waiting room, trying to calm Elijah down.

"Listen to me." Bobby held Elijah's face. "I know you've been drinking. I smell it on your breath. I know you have alot on your mind. I know you're angry. But your father is probably in a coma. Whatever happened before will be discussed later. Right now, we're all here for the same reason, and that's because we concerned about your dad. Our brother. It's not about you today."

Elijah nodded. He was finally coming to his senses. However, he knew they had alot to talk about but the main focus was making sure Ricky would continue to live.

"What the hell happened?" Ralph came out the corner with Algee behind him.

"I brought a girl home, screwed her. Dad came home earlier today yelling for me and Amy to come downstairs. The girl I had sex with followed me, we asked her to leave, dad scolded me for it, I got sarcastic, Amy jumped in, dad got sick of my mouth and started hitting me." Elijah explained. "Dad was drinking too."